• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Economic Collapse of America

Started by Grok, May 02, 2006, 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

I have a feeling that someday the human race will become extinct due to a major disaster.

Rule

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 03, 2006, 12:36 AM
It's funny Grok.  I try to keep up on scholarly stuff like this.  To my knowledge, nobody expects a "collapse" of the American economy any time in the near future.  In fact, the only projections I've seen show an indefinite increase in American hard power into the next century.

Please show me these projections.  To me it seems as though most foreign powers are pulling their money out of the American economy.  About 5 years ago the Canadian dollar was ~60 cents US.  Now it is ~90 cents US.  In the last few years the precious metals (e.g. Gold and Silver), have continued to increase in value well beyond most inflation.   The US is now burdened with a massive and quickly increasing debt, and huge deficit.  On the other hand, many countries in foreign markets (e.g. EU) are doing increasingly well for themselves: what the US is losing they are gaining.  To me most indications show that the American economy is going into a recession, and it will continue to get worse for a really long time until it gets better -- that is, if it gets better at all.  The US is no longer even close to being self-sufficient, so in my opinion the conspicuous signs of foreign uncertainty in the US economy does not augur well for its long term prosperity.  What will happen when the US can no longer borrow money?  How is the US to combat the wavering foreign investment in its economy that has so obviously been directed towards other national currencies and resources?  How will the US be able to handle the competition from growing globalized trading blocks in Europe?

Please, show me your projections.  My advice -- buy silver.