• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Illegal Immigrants

Started by CrAz3D, March 28, 2006, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Story here in the USA goes:
Senate passed bill to make being an illegal alien a felony.
People are protesting this.

My Views:
#1) Don't tell me this country was built on immigration, I know that, but if you're gonna be here...do it legally
#2) If them illegal aliens don't want to become felons, BECOME A LEGAL IMMIGRANT!!...DUR
#3) I ain't so worried about no mexican dude taking my job, I ain't wanting to pick no strawberries...I DO care that they drive around here without insurance, they use our health insurance, they pay no taxes...all free of charge.
#4) I think we ought to let people work here legally provided they keep & maintain vehicle insurance & pay some sort of taxes

What do y'all think about this current issue thing?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Forged

I think it should be much easier to bring a family over on either a work visa or to become citizens.  I understand the conditions in Mexico suck and if I had a chance I would want to move too.

That being said, nothing annoys me more than almost the entire hispanic portion of San Antonio not having  insurance. 
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

CrAz3D

Quote from: Forged on March 28, 2006, 11:29 PM
I think it be much easier to bring a family over on either a work visa or to become citizens.  I understand the conditions in Mexico suck and if I had a chance I would want to move too.

That being said, nothing annoys me more than almost the entire hispanic portion of San Antonio not having  insurance. 
Word, uninsured people suck.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Mephisto

The senate didn't pass the bill, the House of Reprsenatives passed it, therefore it's not law yet.  Additionally, the Senate is debating a less strict illegal immigration bill currently, which will allow illegal immigrants to remain in the USA by paying a $1,000.00 fine and a few other requirements which I forget.   Seems the Senate bill has support from the president, republicans, and democrats, unlike the stricter house of representatives bill.

Hostile

I basically agree with all of that. I agree that I'd probably flee from Mexico if I we're in their spot, but thats still no excuse to let it continue. I think they should pass even the more strict approaches that I've heard so far from people like Jim Sensenbrenner and Tom Tancredo. It's illegal, and if we're going to have police strictly enforcing lame things like speed limits :P then we sure as hell should enforce this. I'm completely pro allowing someone to enter the country legally. The only real compromise on this matter that I see, is that we should work harder to speed up the process of people who apply to join the USA legally, as well as adding in strict laws against the ones who try to come here illegally. I guess that all costs money somewhere along the road, but that is the only smart way to do it in my eyes.
- Hostile is sexy.

iago

incidentally, making it a felony = dumb, why crowd jails with them?

Just make a law that they can either become citizens or be sent back. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Forged

I would imagine the theory there is that they will be deported, but the felony will stay on their record and they will find it hard to get a work visa or become a citizen in the future. 

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on March 29, 2006, 06:11 PM
incidentally, making it a felony = dumb, why crowd jails with them?

Just make a law that they can either become citizens or be sent back. 

I think they'd be deported, I hope.
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

Making it a felony is stupid.  As said, doing so means people fleeing economic hardship to come to the USA for opportunity (aren't we the land of?) would be classified as crminals.  Not because they are criminals, but because we made a law turning them into criminals.  Worse idea than most of the drug laws that turn users into criminals.  Second, by turning them into felons, we'd have to jail them, as already mentioned.  The burden on our judicial system would be crazy, and the jails would have to be expanded yet again.  We're the worst industrialized nation in the world when it comes to jailing our citizens.  Why are we so eager to jail everyone who doesn't fit our specific mold?  Don't like how someone lives?  Criminalize part of their life and now they're FELONS, omg.

CrAz3D

Because they are criminals on other levels too.  But since they arent registered you can't catch them as easily since you don't know they're here.

Car insurance & taxes, not having that is breaking a law, should just deported them on the first no insurance ticket?
(ré-bun-dance)

Forged

I believe recentlly here in san antonio they started empounding your car and not giving it back untill you have insurance, of course, I don't kno whow enforced that is.  I was pulled over around a month ago and the insurance card I had in my car had expired and he didn't say anything about it.

Ishbar

1,000 dollar fine? I you kidding me...gee, thats like, less than half a year of insurance for most peoples vehicles.. I think that it should be a felony, and that they be immidiatly sent back to Mexico, or where-ever they came from. Or even, them be kept in prison, but given the option to work labor for places that need it...for example..

And immigrant is caught, and given two options. Option A.) Go back to Mexico and be put in jail on their soil. OR, Option B.) Go to American Immigrant Prison, where there they could be given the chance to register themselves as U.S. citizens, and also be given a job, jobs that community service workers usually have, but instead they get payed, but also have taxes deducted from that pay. After a term of 2 years they are off Temporary Arrest to that job given, and able to go apply elsewhere and have been given time to appropriate themselves to American Society. In the time that they work, housing will be provided. I think its a good idea, and it'd be benificial to the economy.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Ishbar on March 30, 2006, 01:53 PM
And immigrant is caught, and given two options. Option A.) Go back to Mexico and be put in jail on their soil.

Why would they put in jail on their soil? That doesn't make sense.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Grok on March 30, 2006, 07:18 AM
Making it a felony is stupid.  As said, doing so means people fleeing economic hardship to come to the USA for opportunity (aren't we the land of?) would be classified as crminals.  Not because they are criminals, but because we made a law turning them into criminals.  Worse idea than most of the drug laws that turn users into criminals.  Second, by turning them into felons, we'd have to jail them, as already mentioned.  The burden on our judicial system would be crazy, and the jails would have to be expanded yet again.  We're the worst industrialized nation in the world when it comes to jailing our citizens.  Why are we so eager to jail everyone who doesn't fit our specific mold?  Don't like how someone lives?  Criminalize part of their life and now they're FELONS, omg.

We aren't jailing someone for fitting a specific mold. We're jailing someone for NOT RESPECTING BORDERS, AND CHEATING EVERYONE ELSE.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on March 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
We aren't jailing someone for fitting a specific mold. We're jailing someone for NOT RESPECTING BORDERS, AND CHEATING EVERYONE ELSE.

That kind of argument can be made against every non-Native person in the Americas, but somehow that is not a valid arugment.

Personally, I think it's just capitalism at its best. Ahh, but when it starts affecting me, the American, then suddenly I'm not all for capitalism. Seems like there is something much deeper than that.