• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[VB6] packet generation help needed

Started by -GP-, February 02, 2006, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-GP-

hi all, I am curently making a server authentication program for authenticating a users IP address but i have no idea how to code the most vital part of the process ie. the programs ability to change the source IP of a packet from what it should be to form part of the validation key.

does anyone know any code or libery that i could use?
-GP-

TheMinistered

Here is a sample from one of my projects, we can derive a method of "ip validation" here in a minute from this:

Private Sub objTCPServer_ConnectionRequest(ByVal requestID As Long)

Dim intReturn As Integer

intReturn = AvailableSocket()

If (intReturn > 0) Then
        If (objClientCollection.Add(objClient(intReturn), objUDPServer, objTCPServer.RemoteHostIP) Is Nothing = False) Then
            objClient(intReturn).Accept requestID
        End If
    Else
        If ((objClient.UBound - 1) < m_intSocketMaximum) Then
            intReturn = objClient.UBound + 1

Load objClient(intReturn)
            If (objClientCollection.Add(objClient(intReturn), objUDPServer, objTCPServer.RemoteHostIP) Is Nothing = False) Then
                objClient(intReturn).Accept requestID
            End If
        End If
    End If

End Sub

allrighty then, here we go:

If( IPValidationFunction(objTCPServer.RemoteHostIP) = True) then
        'accept connection
    Else
        'reject connection
    End If

End Sub

IPValidationFunction would probably look up that ip in a database of some sort or a list and see if it's validated or not.

-GP-

Quote from: TheMinistered on February 02, 2006, 01:23 PM

If( IPValidationFunction(objTCPServer.RemoteHostIP) = True) then
        'accept connection
    Else
        'reject connection
    End If

End Sub

??? OMG how stupid do you think i am?!??!?!? ???
/slaps TheMinistered

right no iv got that out of my system...  just incase you missed my point ill spell it out:

I need help re-packaging or crafting custom packets to be sent to the server spesificly addressing changing of the ip address

lol now can the next posters asume im not a complete n00b please /begs
-GP-

TehUser

Because -GP- can apparently barely speak English, I'm going to make a guess.  I think what he wants to do is edit the packet on a raw level and mess with the IP header structure to change the source address.  But unless he learns how to write more proficiently, I doubt anyone will be able to help him.

Ringo

Quote from: TehUser on February 03, 2006, 02:30 PM
Because -GP- can apparently barely speak English, I'm going to make a guess.  I think what he wants to do is edit the packet on a raw level and mess with the IP header structure to change the source address.  But unless he learns how to write more proficiently, I doubt anyone will be able to help him.
Hehe, so im not the only one who can hardly read it then :)
Im unsure if hes making his own server, and making some kind of IP auth for it, or if hes trying to write a client for a server which has some kind of IP auth.
And if the server is TCP or UDP or somthing else.
sendto() in the winsock api might be helpfull (Please dont /slap me for taking a guess)

Private Type sockaddr_in
    sin_family       As Integer
    sin_port         As Integer
    sin_addr         As Long
    sin_zero(1 To 8) As Byte
End Type
Private Declare Function sendto Lib "ws2_32.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByRef Buf As Any, ByVal buflen As Long, ByVal flags As Long, ByRef toaddr As sockaddr_in, ByVal tolen As Long) As Long

Dim udpAddr As sockaddr_in
        With udpAddr
            .sin_addr = inet_addr(IP)
            .sin_port = htons(Port)
            .sin_family = 2 'AF_INET Internetwork
        End With
        If sendto(sckHdl, ByVal tmpData, Len(tmpData), 0&, udpAddr, Len(udpAddr)) = -1 Then
            MakeLog tmpData, vbRed, "SendToPacket() UDP_ERROR: Unable to Send Packet Via: " & sckHdl
        End If

Joe[x86]

Quotelol now can the next posters asume im not a complete n00b please /begs

The way you spelled newbie, and the /beg at the end, makes me asume otherwise, but I'll do my best.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

rabbit

Joe: stop being useless.

On-topic:  You may find using SOCK_RAW useful if you want to screw with TCP headers (which is what we are currently assuming).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.