• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Random error

Started by DeTaiLs, January 15, 2006, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeTaiLs

I have been using MSC++ for awhile and it has been working fine then today I went to go to compile this code and I got this error message I tried everything to fix it and nothing has seem to work
--------------------Configuration: running - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe

running.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Kp

What'd you change recently?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

DeTaiLs

Nothing that I know of it was working fine it worked yesterday when I went to go to compile another code I wrote then I wrote another one last night then went to go to compile today and I got that error.

Skywing

Perhaps you damaged your path or otherwise made it so that cl isn't in the search path that VC is using.

DeTaiLs

It looks like I some how I damage the path here is a log of the working code I compiled be for it gave me the error

Build Log

--------------------Configuration: Temp - Win32 Debug--------------------

Command Lines
Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\keith\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP2C7.tmp" with contents
[
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:yes /pdb:"Debug/Temp.pdb" /debug /machine:I386 /out:"Debug/Temp.exe" /pdbtype:sept
".\Debug\Temp.obj"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\keith\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSP2C7.tmp"
Output Window
Linking...

Results
Temp.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

DeTaiLs

Sorry to doubble post and bring up a old topic. I looked every where and try to fix my problem, , I've tryed to reinstall to fix the problem and I googled it  and it didn't help, and I would like to start programming again. Can somebody point me in the right direction.

Yegg

Quote from: DeTaiLs on January 29, 2006, 01:14 PM
Sorry to doubble post and bring up a old topic. I looked every where and try to fix my problem, , I've tryed to reinstall to fix the problem and I googled it  and it didn't help, and I would like to start programming again. Can somebody point me in the right direction.

Perhaps some of the files necessary for the compilation to complete have been relocated to an area that MSC++ cannot locate?

DeTaiLs

Well I know the error is the spawning cl.exe, I Don't what its suppose to be and where to fix it at.

Kp

cl.exe is the compiler.  It's supposed to be somewhere under the Visual Studio directory, probably in a directory named bin.  You can fix it by telling Visual Studio how to find cl.

Alternatively, you could go to invoking cl by hand once you find it. :)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

DeTaiLs

I fixed it I named a project called CL and for somereason it worked, I tested it on other projects and everything compiles now, it is the stupidest thing I ever heard but it worked.