• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Webbot Pure...error?

Started by rabbit, December 31, 2005, 12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Well, I was having trouble with Webbot Pure, and I found the solution.  It was annoying me for a very long time, too.  Okay, so I could connect to Botnet just fine, but whenever I connected to Battle.net webbot automagically killed the connection.  The problem?  0x59.  I loaded a different bot on my webbot account to register it, and then switch back to webbot, which started to work.  I wasn't getting this problem within the first few days of using webbot, but, I just thought you'd like to know.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Quote from: rabbit on December 31, 2005, 12:34 PM
Well, I was having trouble with Webbot Pure, and I found the solution.  It was annoying me for a very long time, too.  Okay, so I could connect to Botnet just fine, but whenever I connected to Battle.net webbot automagically killed the connection.  The problem?  0x59.  I loaded a different bot on my webbot account to register it, and then switch back to webbot, which started to work.  I wasn't getting this problem within the first few days of using webbot, but, I just thought you'd like to know.

So what do you think was the problem?  WebBot ignores the e-mail register message, and I've logged on to accounts that have no e-mail assigned to them.

rabbit

I don't know, but registering the e-mail made it stop disconnecting.  I spose I should have been a little more thorough with the investigation, but it's not like I can replicate it now :\
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Joe[x86]

Sure you can, just create a new Battle.net account.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

rabbit

Yeah...I was thinking I'd need another webbot auth.

Joe[x86]

WebBot auths are not tied to Battle.net accounts.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Warrior

Nah they are tied to your Botnet account..forever.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

rabbit

Blug.  I wasn't thinking strait.  Hush.

Spht

I suspect it was something unrelated to e-mail register, since the problem appeared after a few days of use, then went away again.  Probably connection/ISP issue.

Don't think that I am ignoring your report.  I looked through all the email-related code I have in WebBot to see if anything there could possibly cause a problem, but without further information that's all I can do.

rabbit

I'll try to replicate the problem, but I'm not promising anything!

[update]
Further investigation has shown that the problem lies in the fact that my network sucks.  That is all.