• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Blame Canada (I mean U.S.)

Started by Invert, December 28, 2005, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

"Canadian officials, seeking to make sense of another fatal shooting" I know we can blame U.S. for all of our problems, this way we can pretend that our country does not have any problems.

Some Canadian shoots some people and they blame the U.S. for it not the Canadian that did the shooting.

See what liberalism does to a country, next thing you know they will ban movies made in U.S., they will ban video games made in U.S. that have some sort of violence in them. Canada is going to turn into another Iran.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/12/27/canada.crime.ap/index.html

topaz

OUCH

ROFL

YES BLAME THE AMERICANS FOR SMUGGLING

ROFL
RLY...?

dxoigmn

Quote from: Invert on December 28, 2005, 12:54 PM
See what liberalism does to a country, next thing you know they will ban movies made in U.S., they will ban video games made in U.S. that have some sort of violence in them. Canada is going to turn into another Iran.

Sounds more like the direction the US has been heading for some time now with all this crazy legislation on movies and video games.

Invert

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 28, 2005, 01:57 PM

Sounds more like the direction the US has been heading for some time now with all this crazy legislation on movies and video games.

You're right.

It's a tightrope that the United States walks on, one side is your radical liberal and on the other is your radical conservative. We tend to fall off that tightrope sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right. We know that if we ever fall down the middle we will get our balls crushed, the left one and the right one. So what do we do?

Morality is what we need and not radicalism.

Arta

See what liberalism does to a country, next thing you know they will ban movies made in U.S., they will ban video games made in U.S. that have some sort of violence in them.

That is not liberalism.

CrAz3D

Crazy kanucks, why don't THEY make stricter laws?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Invert

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 28, 2005, 03:24 PM
See what liberalism does to a country, next thing you know they will ban movies made in U.S., they will ban video games made in U.S. that have some sort of violence in them.

That is not liberalism.

Of course it is an act of liberalism. Blaming the gun manufacturer rather than the person that used the gun is up that alley. Blaming the United States for the shootings and not the shooters is as liberal as you can get. Liberalism makes the shooter a victim because they would say that guns were forced upon him (poor shooter).

MyndFyre

Quote from: Invert on December 28, 2005, 05:08 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 28, 2005, 03:24 PM

That is not liberalism.

Of course it is an act of liberalism. Blaming the gun manufacturer rather than the person that used the gun is up that alley. Blaming the United States for the shootings and not the shooters is as liberal as you can get. Liberalism makes the shooter a victim because they would say that guns were forced upon him (poor shooter).

I remember when the word "liberalism" shared meaning with its close relative "liberty."  It was a long.... long..... time ago.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Blaming the US for allowing guns is as dumb as blaming countries because terrorists live in them.  In both cases, a country contains something that is seen as a threat to lives of people from your own country, so just blame the other country!  And apparently, that's enough to go to war over, so...
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Arta

Quote from: Invert on December 28, 2005, 05:08 PM

None of that is liberalism either.

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 28, 2005, 05:38 PM
I remember when the word "liberalism" shared meaning with its close relative "liberty."  It was a long.... long..... time ago.

Not here. I'm reclaiming it, unless a new word has arisen to replace it. I'm sick to death of people associating liberalism with softy morons lacking in any kind of personal responsibility and expecting everyone else to solve their problems. It's a crock.

MF edit: combined two posts

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 28, 2005, 05:58 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on December 28, 2005, 05:38 PM

Not here. I'm reclaiming it, unless a new word has arisen to replace it. I'm sick to death of people associating liberalism with softy morons lacking in any kind of personal responsibility and expecting everyone else to solve their problems. It's a crock.

Well I hate to tell you, but that's what we think of people deemed "liberals" in the US.  It's because that's what the Democratic party, who claims to be "liberal," espouses.  An American conservative is actually attempting to conserve Lockean liberalism and Smith capitalism.  (That's why we say Bush is a neocon and not a true conservative).

Of course, saying you're a Libertarian is almost as bad as saying you're a democrat.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Arta

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 28, 2005, 06:14 PM
Well I hate to tell you, but that's what we think of people deemed "liberals" in the US.

I'm not so sure about that. I think that's a political fabrication. I haven't met anyone who has those kinds of views and identifies themselves as a liberal.

CrAz3D

This canada thing isn't liberalism, its leftism.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Joe[x86]

Canada doesn't need stricter laws. The majority of it's citizens are sane beings, who wouldn't shoot someone. However, when an American gives a Canadian a gun, he'll be temped to use it. It would be up to the American's to not give the Canadian's their guns, not for the Canadians to reject them.

I was going to call the Canadians uneducated, but then I realized that Spht, iago, and I would probably hate me for doing that. =)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

WTF Joe.  So because I fucking give you a gun & you shoot your mom it's my fault?
(ré-bun-dance)