• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Windows Clock

Started by Forged, December 13, 2005, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

When does it say it is going to auto sync next? Be around for that time and run a packet capture...

MrRaza

Update your service pack, it might fix your problem

MyndFyre

I always hate to suggest service pack updates, especially because SP2 is so much...  but at the same time, it's scary that you're running XP without any and service packs.

About your timing, though: how long does it take for your clock to get 10 minutes off?  Are we talking days/weeks, or minutes/hours?

I once had a problem with the timing chip on a 486 DX/2 where the internal clock effectively ran twice as fast as real time.  I don't think it damaged anything permanently, but it didn't allow me to really use the computer for anything (*ALL* of the clock pulses were doubled), and it very quickly destablized the system.

I also used to have a similar problem to this with Windows 9x-based machines; when doing something hardware-intensive, it was not uncommon for my clock to miss its interrupts and update.  I haven't experienced this on an NT-based machine, so I hesitate to believe that this is the case (evidently the Clock process is of higher importance in the NT kernel), and I don't think you're experiencing the same phenomenon (your clock is actually going faster).
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Forged

it takes a couple of hours to get off time. I realized a couple of days ago it is because it auto syncs like once a week.  I assumed it would do it every hour or so.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Kp

Quote from: Forged on December 24, 2005, 02:19 PM
it takes a couple of hours to get off time. I realized a couple of days ago it is because it auto syncs like once a week.  I assumed it would do it every hour or so.

It still shouldn't be drifing that much.  I have a fairly old system that only syncs on my command (been several months now), and it's only drifted a minute or so.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

hismajesty

I have the same problem. My computer clock is usually 4-6 minutes off of what time it actually is, and it's a pain. I'll manually sync it and then a day or so later it will be off again.

Warrior

RTC sounds like it's getting messed up or something, happens when I do a hard shutdown (flip the switch :])
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?