• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Worry when your king says ...

Started by Grok, December 13, 2005, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 12:42 PM
I don't know who Canada's prime minister is...
I know Mexico's president

You don't know Canda's prime minister, yet you feel that you know enough about Canada to attack our country's policies?  I don't understand how....

If you want to argue about something, learn about it first.  Otherwise, you sound ignorant. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Too bad Canada is pretty much unimportant. :P

For the record, Paul Martin.

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 02:40 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 12:42 PM
I don't know who Canada's prime minister is...
I know Mexico's president

You don't know Canda's prime minister, yet you feel that you know enough about Canada to attack our country's policies?  I don't understand how....

If you want to argue about something, learn about it first.  Otherwise, you sound ignorant. 
I read an article & posted specifically to what was mentioned in that article.  I haven't gone outside my knowledge base.

I read that the platforms for the upcoming Canadian elections focus on US policy quite a bit.  I also read that Canada's government toppled last month.  I didn't mention anything else about Canada, other than gun/murder stuff I looked up.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

No, the government didn't "topple".

What happened was complicated.  Basically, we had a minority government.  What that means is that more than half of the elected officals aren't from the ruling party.  That means that as soon as somebody is annoyed at a decision made by the ruling party, they can have a "no confidence" vote and force an election to be called.  That is what happened. 

The ruling party could have overridden it since it wasn't an overpowering vote, but they chose not to.  There is going to be an election in a couple months anyway, so they decided not to postpone it. 

If anything, the fact that this can happen shows that we have a strong democratic nation.  I only wish they could have a vote to toss out George Bush without being called traitors. 

While the election is happening, Paul Martin and his party is still in charge.  So you can't say that our government has "toppled", it is just going through a change. 

This is the wrong thread for this discussio, though.  :P

CrAz3D

I don't believe a vote of no confidence  work pass for Bush.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Your political system is set up quite a bit differently than ours. 

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 03:55 PM
yeah, I was just acknowledging your comment about a "vote of no confidence" for Bush
(ré-bun-dance)

topaz

Simply because the majority of the people disapprove of the leader's actions in no way implies that he acted wrongly, or that he failed in any respect to serve the interests of the people.
RLY...?

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 03:58 PM
Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 03:55 PM
yeah, I was just acknowledging your comment about a "vote of no confidence" for Bush
If our leader made the same mistakes (err, decisions) as Bush, I'll bet he would have. 

Quote from: Topaz on December 15, 2005, 05:16 PM
Simply because the majority of the people disapprove of the leader's actions in no way implies that he acted wrongly, or that he failed in any respect to serve the interests of the people.
This is true.  The opposite also applies. 

CrAz3D

Bush's approval rating is going back up (47% I last saw), I dont think there would be a majority in a no confidence vote...a majority against him anyway
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Who cares about Bush's approval rating? Those are small samples. Whereas, a larger survey, LIKE AN ELECTION, shows the views of the ENTIRE country. And, suprisingly, as a whole, we approve!

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 05:31 PM
Bush's approval rating is going back up (47% I last saw), I dont think there would be a majority in a no confidence vote...a majority against him anyway

The confidence vote is done by elected officials.  And there are more elected officials that aren't in his party than that are in his party. 

Liberal 135
Conservative 99
Bloc Québécois    54
New Democratic 19

The liberals are in power, with 135 seats; however, if you add up the other ones, you'll see there there are 162 members that aren't in his party.  That means he has 162 enemies and 135 friends.  So it would be a lot easier to vote him out. 

CrAz3D

OH!...a vote of no confidence from Canada for Bush...that seems rather pointless
(ré-bun-dance)

WoOdTroll

Better then America, we stand up with thats right, and don't go along with bullshit.

And btw these unimportant farmers back in 1812 burnt down your white house.

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
OH!...a vote of no confidence from Canada for Bush...that seems rather pointless

You're missing the point, though. 

If the US had the same type of government as we currently do (where 135 seats are in Bush's party, and 162 aren't), there is a much better chance that a vote to call an early election would pass. 

And for the record, Canada's elections don't happen at fixed intervals.  We have ours every 3-5 years, whenever the elected party decides they want to have it. 

|