• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[C#] Bot Sourcecode

Started by Stuck, November 23, 2005, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuck

hello everyone, I'm trying to learn how winsock works. I've worked with VB.NET and now am working with C#. I'm searching for battle.net bot sourcecode written in C#, Unsuccessfully so far... Any ideas where I could find some? Even sourcecode written in VB.NET would be helpful, I'm finding alot of VB 6.0, but I'm have trouble upgrading it to VB.NET. I've looked at Planet Sourcecode without much success, any other sites I should try?

*EDIT*

I've also looked at http://www.zeroforce.net, alot of VB 6.0 and C++, but not much else.   :-[
Stuck@useast, Stuck@Azeroth

Yegg

You don't need a C# bot source code to learn how Winsock works. You need a tutorial.

Networks

Quote from: Stuck on November 23, 2005, 04:37 PM
hello everyone, I'm trying to learn how winsock works. I've worked with VB.NET and now am working with C#. I'm searching for battle.net bot sourcecode written in C#, Unsuccessfully so far... Any ideas where I could find some? Even sourcecode written in VB.NET would be helpful, I'm finding alot of VB 6.0, but I'm have trouble upgrading it to VB.NET. I've looked at Planet Sourcecode without much success, any other sites I should try?

*EDIT*

I've also looked at http://www.zeroforce.net, alot of VB 6.0 and C++, but not much else.   :-[

There aren't any open source C# bots that I know of so ZF isn't you best bet for .NET stuff. I would recommend getting in contact with MyndFyre since he knows his way around .NET. However like Yegg said, your best bet is actually learning C# and getting to know the winsock library and maybe modding VB6/C/C++ code to C# code.

MyndFyre

While I highly recommend poking and playing around with the System.Net.Sockets namespace, feel free to browse through the "source" repository at the JinxBot project at SourceForge, http://sourceforge.net/projects/jinxbot/.  It's incomplete, although a lot of the core is there.  Good luck getting me to support it though.  I busy enough without trying to remember why I coded something a certain way on a project I really haven't worked on in 6 months.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Stuck

ok, well do you guys know where I can get some VB.Net sourcecode? I keep running into VB 6.0 source and I have trouble upgrading to .NET. Know where I could get some VB.Net bot source code? I think I just needa look at a bot sourcecode, then I'll be set and can manage with C#.

Yegg

Quote from: Stuck on November 23, 2005, 08:26 PM
ok, well do you guys know where I can get some VB.Net sourcecode? I keep running into VB 6.0 source and I have trouble upgrading to .NET. Know where I could get some VB.Net bot source code? I think I just needa look at a bot sourcecode, then I'll be set and can manage with C#.
How can looking at someone else's source code help you "manage with C#".

MyndFyre

Since you're apparently too lazy to locate the CVS to find my source, here is the root folder of the browser tree.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Stuck

I don't know, how did you guys learn Winsock? I've read MSDN and searched winsock multiple times, I learn better from example. I can find definitions and descriptions of what specific functions in winsock do, but I don't know how they all work together.

Yegg

Most of us probably learned from tutorials. You can find various tutorials for how to use Winsock by simply searching google for "winsock tutorial".