• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Making a bot

Started by Warzone2005, November 16, 2005, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warzone2005

I would want to learn how to make a bot. Not a bot for battle.net. But a bot like for yahoo chat rooms and so on.
I would like to find some tutorials on this.
Are if you can teach me
My aim is: Warrior zone3

LivedKrad

I'm not sure about Yahoo! protocol tutorials or resources, but this forum has an adequate reference for the AIM and OSCAR protocols (which is the most popular Instant Messenging client, I think) as long as you know the Visual Basic language enough to utilize the information to its full potential.

Warzone2005

Okay but I'm not talking about just yahoo. I'm talking about really in chat room.

LivedKrad

When I say the Yahoo! messenger protocol or the AIM protocol, I mean everything that is included with these networks, therefore would include chat as well as individual messaging.

Mangix

Open Source Messengers such as gaim have source which you can look at :P

FrOzeN

I don't see how the source code 'C' of GAIM is going to help him make a bot in 'Visual Basic 6'. If you've ever looked at the source code of a large program, unless you fully understand CVS's and such, and the given language. The source will be pretty much rendered useless to him.
~ FrOzeN

Mangix

of course you have to know the language if you want to convert it to vb or some other langiage. there is also documentation that can help him look in a specific file :P

Warrior

Okay Mangix let me take this slow.

He  is  making  a  bot  in  VB  .
He  does  not  know  C.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Mangix

FrOzeN

Congradulations Mangix, you know how to use google.

Providing a source code isn't actually 'teaching' him nor is it in any way like a tutorial. Though depending on how well he know's Visual Basic 6, is whether or not he'll be able to grasp any information from the source. Then of course he could just rip it.  :-\
~ FrOzeN

Yegg

Quote from: FrOzeN on November 18, 2005, 11:31 PM
Congradulations Mangix, you know how to use google.

Providing a source code isn't actually 'teaching' him nor is it in any way like a tutorial. Though depending on how well he know's Visual Basic 6, is whether or not he'll be able to grasp any information from the source. Then of course he could just rip it.  :-\
Then instead of reminding him of that, why not find a link yourself?

LivedKrad

Why does it seem like it's usually the same people who reply to threads started by a person who doesn't know the language? Is it because the people who know what they're talking about don't bother, or is it because the people that like to think they know what they're talking about consider the day wasted unless they get their useless two cents in?

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Explicit

Quote from: LivedKrad.fe on November 26, 2005, 08:44 AM
Why does it seem like it's usually the same people who reply to threads started by a person who doesn't know the language? Is it because the people who know what they're talking about don't bother, or is it because the people that like to think they know what they're talking about consider the day wasted unless they get their useless two cents in?

LK, it's more or less for the feeling of superiority, as MyndFyre pointed out to me awhile back.  The request for help gets repetitive after awhile, and answering the same questions over and over can become irritating.  This happens especially when you know that using the search feature could answer the majority of bot-related questions, yet the ones making the request just overlook it.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

LivedKrad

If it's so irritating to read these threads because it's repetative, then is it not equally as repetative to reply to these threads with the same useless help? It could be a possibility that someone would be too dull to realize that they're as irritating as the one asking the questions, but isn't even more stupid if no one gives a useful answer to end the monotony of infinite repetition of stupid questions and equally as stupid answers?