• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[VB6] Say command

Started by cHip, October 17, 2005, 02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elneroth

If you were to say that where I live someone would probably shoot you with a 22. haah.. (Upstate NY)

Yegg

Quote from: Warrior on October 17, 2005, 10:18 PM
I just didn't think it would be place for you to speak, you know since you contributed nothing torwards solving the problem. Regardless of how he speaks.
Am I not allowed to speak how I feel about something? I've seen many others on these forms do the same, and nothing was said to them. Why is something said to me however?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on October 18, 2005, 12:32 PM
Quote from: Warrior on October 17, 2005, 10:18 PM
I just didn't think it would be place for you to speak, you know since you contributed nothing torwards solving the problem. Regardless of how he speaks.
Am I not allowed to speak how I feel about something? I've seen many others on these forms do the same, and nothing was said to them. Why is something said to me however?
Because typically when we speak up, the people don't show ANY attempt to help themselves.  Or, frequently for example, Kp will give an answer that would work if you'd done everything his way.  Your comment was 100% dry, witless, and entirely negative.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Stealth

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on October 17, 2005, 11:31 AM
Quote from: MyndFyre on October 17, 2005, 11:01 AM
Why is this?  I don't really remember much from the telnet connection protocol, but I seem to remember all Bnet data coming in (besides the username/text) in uppercase.
because if you would read the code, He is LCase()ing the message, and then comparing it to a string with upper-case letters.
This would always make it evaluate to 0.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Hey, cHip!

Trick question. It doesn't actually matter -- he used the vbTextCompare option so it's case-insensitive. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

effect

Kp will give an answer that would work if you'd done everything his way.  Your comment was 100% dry, witless, and entirely negative.

Generally from my readings KP likes to write up paragraphs of bullshit so he can look good.

If he was really helpful he would just give the person in question the answer without the cryptic "im so above u it isnt funny" garble.

BTW: Im not debating his intelligence, im debating that he is an asshole.
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.