• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Me, myself, and I.

Started by EvilCheese, May 09, 2003, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

What other guitars do you suggest?

EvilCheese

Yamaha Pacificas are very nice guitars, I've always thought. They're strat copies, but with a few differences (different pickups, electrics, body density etc) and they make a nice sound.

If you wanna be daring, you could go for a Flying-V :P

Also, some of the higher-end Ibanez guitars are very nice. With the floating trem and locking nut they're almost impossible to put out of tune and they have a beautiful action. More suited to "Satriani-sytle" fast playing though really.

I dislike Telecasters... I dunno why but I think they sound kinda "reedy" and thin. :/

Depends what stuff you're gonna be playing with it though I guess, and what guitars you already have/use regularly. My next guitar will be a gibson of some kind since I dont have one that makes that noise :)

Etheran

Quote from: St0rm.iD on May 17, 2003, 08:59 AM
Squire Bullet SLE (HELL YEAH, $100)
st0rm, it's $100 for a reason, so take it from the unproud owner of one of these pos guitars.

Banana fanna fo fanna

It's a guitar you can smash.

I'll probably go for the SG. EvilCheese: may I suggest you go for a Les Paul Junior?

EvilCheese

It's a guitar you can smash.

LoL  ;D

EvilCheese: may I suggest you go for a Les Paul Junior?

Only trouble is, I live in England... and for some reason, the quality of Gibsons over here is dramatically lower than it is in the US.. I think they send us the shitty ones they can't sell :(

I guess I could get one imported... but the trouble with that is I wouldnt be able to play before I buy... and I dont wanna buy a guitar I havent played. Means I'm left to scouring the second-hand / import stores, which is always a bad thing :(

MrRaza

I used to play guitar but stopped for some reason........

EvilCheese

It's never too late to start again. Music is good for your soul :)

Banana fanna fo fanna

Cheese:

Take your next vacation to NYC and stop by Manny's.

iago

My friend refuses to buy a guitar second hand, "Some fat greasy guy could have been playing it naked!"
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*