• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

World of WarCraft Protocol Reversal, General Information

Started by Joe[x86], August 12, 2005, 03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

Now, if I got a web host in the UK and I hosted my stuff there, would Blizzard be able to do anything about it?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Arta

Yes. You're in the US and thus are subject to US law. If Blizzard were to send a takedown to your UK host, they could ignore it completely. You, however, could not.

Joe[x86]

The one who recieved this was Mythix, the owner of www.javaop.com. The stuff itself was hosted in Canada on iago's server. Was I really required to take it down, as nothing resides in the United States except the domain name?

Arta

Joe[x86]

So if I did all my disassembly on a box in Canada via VNC and went anonymous.. wow, mock trial is fun. =)

Explicit

Quote from: Joe on October 08, 2005, 02:05 PM
So if I did all my disassembly on a box in Canada via VNC and went anonymous.. wow, mock trial is fun. =)

That'd just make you paranoid, :)
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Joe[x86]

No offence, but nobody can beat iago. Hes afraid someone might root him by exploiting my php. =p

Explicit

Quote from: Joe on October 09, 2005, 08:22 PM
No offence, but nobody can beat iago. Hes afraid someone might root him by exploiting my php. =p

lol
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Blaze

Joe, you didn't find anything that wasn't already public or useful, and some of the stuff you "found" is even on the WoW website. :-[
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Blaze on October 12, 2005, 11:07 PM
Joe, you didn't find anything that wasn't already public or useful, and some of the stuff you "found" is even on the WoW website. :-[

Such as? (And link?)

MyndFyre

If anyone is interested in collaborating on this, and actually getting something that can log on, chat, and possibly check in-game mail (at the very least), contact me via PM.  I have terms for the project, but I also have access to something we can use for testing without getting our accounts banned.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Joe[x86]

How about getting those documents UserLoser?

EDIT -
        .iBYTE Len(sUsername) 'Lengeth of Username
        .iVoid sUsername 'Username

It'd be easier to refer to that as a pascal string instead of a byte+void.

Joe[x86]

Does anyone have a copy of my documents? I managed to lose them.

MyndFyre

GG Joe.  Yeah I have them.  I'll send them back using the email you used to send them to me.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

|