• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Unbanned Cdkeys

Started by pianka, July 12, 2005, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianka

Battle.net unbanned, to my knowledge, every non-invalid cdkey sometime around noon today. Anybody have any insight into why this happened?

Falcon[anti-yL]

I heard their server crashed.

Newby

Last-ditch effort to promote the popularity of Battle.net?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

pianka

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on July 12, 2005, 02:41 PM
I heard their server crashed.

They all went down for maintenance, but that's 7 years of cdkeys they just unbanned. Maybe they think nobody has them anymore? Perhaps this is another one of those historic moments Battle.net is so famous for.

BaDDBLooD

i knew this was gonna be posted on the *BOT DEVELOPMENT* forum, i was just waiting.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Warrior

This is true, and I'm stocked up :)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Lenny

To my knowledge, UserLoser probably has the largest number of CDKeys right now....
IIRC, he was searching for any noticeable pattern in Battle.net CDKeys.

Battle.net might be in the early stages of decomposition.  Or it could be quite the oppsosite.  It really depends if CDkeys will continued to be banned now.  If not, they're probably lowering server cost by clearing up space.  If they are still banning, they're most likely refreshing their banned key database, clearing out the ones which are forgotten and never to be logged on battle.net.
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

BaDDBLooD

Quote from: Lenny on July 12, 2005, 04:33 PM
To my knowledge, UserLoser probably has the largest number of CDKeys right now....
IIRC, he was searching for any noticeable pattern in Battle.net CDKeys.

Battle.net might be in the early stages of decomposition.  Or it could be quite the oppsosite.  It really depends if CDkeys will continued to be banned now.  If not, they're probably lowering server cost by clearing up space.  If they are still banning, they're most likely refreshing their banned key database, clearing out the ones which are forgotten and never to be logged on battle.net.

There are actual customers with BANNED cdkes that did not break the TOS for battle.net.  This might just be an attempt to get rid of the cdkeys that noone "loaded" in an effort to ban only the ones currently being used by people.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Warrior

or some idiot at the office pushed the wrong button? :p
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

LordNevar

[18:06:07:127] [BNET] - Connecting.
[18:06:07:127] [BNET] - Current Cdkey Is Banned From Battle.net.

I think people have been fooled, I tried 7,148 cdkey's all with the same answer. Every cdkey in my list of banned key's is still banned.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Archangel

Hrmm i am using a Diablo II CdKey that was banned.
I'm not an Addict.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Banned keys are still banned. Muted/jailed keys are now working.

LordNevar

Ahh.... So the answer presents it's self. I found it very unlikely that battle.net would have taken the time or by mistake unbanned all those keys just to allow something to start again that they were trying to prevent.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

UserLoser.

Quote from: LordNevar on July 12, 2005, 05:07 PM
[18:06:07:127] [BNET] - Connecting.
[18:06:07:127] [BNET] - Current Cdkey Is Banned From Battle.net.

I think people have been fooled, I tried 7,148 cdkey's all with the same answer. Every cdkey in my list of banned key's is still banned.

How can you possibly have tested 7148 CD-keys in such a small period of time?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Proxies with a cd key tester.