• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[Resolved] Determining gamestate...

Started by Don Cullen, June 19, 2005, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior

Can't you just /whoami and check if you're in game :P
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Don Cullen

Normally, I'd just not reply to this question since it's obvious why-- but just in case it isn't obvious to others:

1. To ensure the code only executes while game is active. Otherwise either Starcraft or the program itself crashes when it attempts to write to memory (if button is accidentally pressed-- don't ask me- I've heard of people who 'accidentally' formatted their drive...). Call it a failsafe, if you will.

2. Because it's just easier to use an automatic failsafe, rather than a manual method.  :P
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Soul Taker

Also the state that /whois commands show is determined by a single packet sent by the client, and is in no way reliable.

l)ragon

Quote from: Kp on June 19, 2005, 07:14 PM
Quote from: Kyro on June 19, 2005, 06:06 PMI was asking you elaborate on what you mean by loading directly into the Starcraft process, rather than performing memory calls from VB-- I'm not understanding what you mean by that, and how I'd do that.

Well, it'll be much easier to access Starcraft memory if you have code executing in the context of the Starcraft process.  As it is, your VB application sits outside the process and peeks/pokes using Windows API calls; I was suggesting to have your code execute as part of Starcraft, so that you can read/write its variables directly.  As for how to do that, look into SampleHDL.

About those HDL dlls, wasent there another program that loaded the HDL's for you?
I cant even remember the last time I seen one of these 8\

Edit: Found my answer, wasent the program I thought it was make no wonder I didnt remember it, it's pretty damn old lol.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Warrior

My question was meant more of an obvious joke/easy way out :)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?