• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

D Programming Language

Started by Mephisto, June 17, 2005, 02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

tA-Kane, though I truly believe that the optimizer is better than a human, I see no reason to remove the ability of a programmer to specify inlining.

But that's not enough to keep me from using it. It looks cool.

Kp

The part that I consider somewhat strange about the removal of the inline keyword is that it has always been advisory in C++.  The compiler is free to ignore your inlining request if the function is too complex, is recursive, or is unsuitable for some more obscure reason.  Given that, it seems quite strange to remove manual inlining.

Besides, I've always held the belief that a language shouldn't prevent you from doing something "stupid" if you really think you need to do so.  That doesn't preclude making it difficult to shoot yourself in the foot (e.g. requiring casts or other constructs to assure the compiler you know what you're doing), but it does preclude entirely removing the ability to shoot yourself in the foot.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

shout

Anyway, DUI (Driving Under Influence?)
Quote from: dui.sourceforge.net
DUI is a D language graphical user interface wrapping (or binding) GTK+ graphical toolkit
DUI stands for D graphical User Interface
D can interface with C so any graphics toolkit with a C API can be used directly from D, this includes GTK+.
DUI is released under the LGPL license