• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

In Game Messaging

Started by Don Cullen, June 15, 2005, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

I agree-- that's why I suggested it. Is anyone up to it?
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Blaze

I thought of that too.  StarBoxViewer a program that displays ingame stats uses the api:

Public Declare Function TextOut Lib "gdi32.dll" Alias "TextOutA" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal lpString As String, ByVal nCount As Long) As Long

Heres the program I made to display ingame text and its source.

http://blazenet.servebeer.com/site/Downloads/StarcraftText.zip
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Warrior

Ugh that flicker is horrible :p
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Blaze

Well, thats the re-drawing of my vb app and starcraft.

Don Cullen

Mmm. BWCoach doesn't use that- they use SC's text display directly, and SC even dings when it displays the text. So I don't think they're using that API... I think they most likely figured out the internal function SC uses to display the text, so it'd be a matter of reverse-engineering BWCoach to find out what internal function BWCoach calls upon in order to pull it off.

I'm thinking maybe set up a program to monitor when BWCoach accesses any file inside the SC directory, and if the program catches BWCoach accessing those files (for API, or whatever), trap what location it's accessing from, and also trap the incoming/outgoing data transfer between BWCoach and the file. This would enable one to determine what internal function of SC BWCoach uses, and how to use it also.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Kp

Not intending to offend, but that's a rather silly (and probably ineffective) way of approaching this.  There is a function in Starcraft which posts new text to the internal ring buffer; the ring buffer is rendered by Starcraft's draw loop as visible text.  BWCoach merely needs to call the appending function with appropriate arguments, and Starcraft will do the rest.  IIRC, the function takes a timeout, a color, and a char*.  That should be enough to get you started. :)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Blaze

Thank Kp, that should help a lot. :)  Yeah, my method is ineffective.

UserLoser.

Quote from: NicoQwertyu on June 16, 2005, 12:21 AM
I suck too much to debug Starcraft. Everytime a bp triggers, I get stuck in SC and can't even view the disassembly.  :(

Couldn't you run Starcraft in a window, or run multiple desktops at once?

Blaze

Don Cullen

Quote from: Blaze on June 16, 2005, 01:11 PM
http://www.valhallalegends.com/skywing/files/DxWnd/DxWnd.zip

can you give a screen shot of sc in a window? i'm curious as to what it looks like. im not home right now, still at work, but I plan on trying that- it'd be very benefitical if i could get sc to run in a window- it'd allow me to multitask much easier...
Regards,
Don
-------

R.a.B.B.i.T

|