• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Zoom in from the galaxy to a quark

Started by Thing [vL], June 12, 2005, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Topaz

I remember seeing something like that in my grade school days

Tazo

Yoni

Quote from: Tazo on June 12, 2005, 05:28 PM
i wonder if thats real
Depends. What is "real"? How do you define "real"?
1. Obviously we have no telemicroscope in outer space that can zoom into the cells of a leaf.
2. The images of things much smaller than cells are not related to reality. Especially quarks. At those distances, it's impossible to measure the color (== light wavelength), anyway. Anything known about the quarks' shape/color is probably purely theoretical/hypothetical or even made up to make the subject simpler to understand. As for atoms, come on. They are obviously drawn... Poorly. :)
3. Most of the outer space pictures are probably illustrational only, too.

warz

Saw almost that exact slide show in astronomy last semester.

Falcon[anti-yL]

QwertyMonster

Intangir

i saw a similar one like 10 years ago, where it zoomed in towards a park in chicago, into a mans hand

anyone heard about that game quark? its going to be like the reverse ;) you start the game as a microscopic organism and evolve into ocean life, land life, then a comunity of beings, and then a city, cities, take over the planet, goto outer space, colonize the solar system, go to other solar systems, travel the entire galaxy!, it looks amazing, you discover all kinds of other life forms all over the galaxy if you havent seen it, ill post another link for it
Left here since creation...
Forgotten in the river of time...

Intangir

Left here since creation...
Forgotten in the river of time...

quasi-modo

Quote from: Intangir on June 16, 2005, 04:49 PM
i saw a similar one like 10 years ago, where it zoomed in towards a park in chicago, into a mans hand

anyone heard about that game quark? its going to be like the reverse ;) you start the game as a microscopic organism and evolve into ocean life, land life, then a comunity of beings, and then a city, cities, take over the planet, goto outer space, colonize the solar system, go to other solar systems, travel the entire galaxy!, it looks amazing, you discover all kinds of other life forms all over the galaxy if you havent seen it, ill post another link for it

i saw that too... wasnt it in a bill nye video or something?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle