• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Religious education

Started by Hazard, April 25, 2005, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

5+, went to a Catholic school since kindergarden to grade 8.

CrAz3D

Was decently invloved in our church Sunday School grades 1-10 or so.  The last 2 years of it we started branching out into quite a few more religions that we ended up getting the just of.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 26, 2005, 09:14 AM
Was decently invloved in our church Sunday School grades 1-10 or so.  The last 2 years of it we started branching out into quite a few more religions that we ended up getting the just of.

That makes you a 4 btw ;)

Blaze

I think religion is a waste of time and pointless.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on April 26, 2005, 09:35 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 26, 2005, 09:14 AM

That makes you a 4 btw ;)
I was thinkin 3 cause we never studied in depth.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 26, 2005, 10:23 AM
I was thinkin 3 cause we never studied in depth.

Enough study to get a degree in it is a 5, and getting a degree in something doesn't require that much study, just a year or two. If you've studied it for 10 years, you must've studied it more than superficially.

Stealth

3. Religious education classes for several years but I never paid much attention in them. I haven't been to Church since Easter :\
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Hazard

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 04:39 AM
I believe that there is something (God) there; I have faith in that but not like any major religion wants me. I don't believe in "helpers" of God or holy places or houses of God (Church, Synagogues etc...)

All the people that say they have faith but don't need a religious environment are full of shit. Thats just saying that you're too lazy and undedicated to worship around other peopl.

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 04:39 AMYour faith is clouded by human interpretation of what God is. You should forget what it says in the Bible because God did not write that or said what is written in there; it is in FACT written by a human. How about you forget what you were told and figure out what you feel.

Written by man with divine inspiration, that is the inspiration of God through CHRIST, my Lord.

Also do not call me a "PUSSY" because you would not say that to my face, I would punch you in your mouth.

To quote Tommy Boy, if I wanted a kiss I would ask your mother. I'd say it to your face and you'd never even get the chance to touch me. Don't try to intimidate me with your roided out physique, I don't give a fuck.

All you've said throughout this Invert as that I'm a fool for being a Christian, that because I'm a Christian it MUST be that I blindly accept things that I'm told and that I never questioned it, that I'm brainwashed. That is simply the most arrogant and RETARDED thing that I've ever read.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

dxoigmn

Quote from: Hazard on April 26, 2005, 01:21 PM
All the people that say they have faith but don't need a religious environment are full of shit. Thats just saying that you're too lazy and undedicated to worship around other peopl.

Perhaps you should start looking into other religions then. There are some religions where do you do not pray with other people as the connection is between you and the creator. Of course there are larger ceremonies, but that is a whole different issue in my opinion.

iago

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 04:39 AMYour faith is clouded by human interpretation of what God is. You should forget what it says in the Bible because God did not write that or said what is written in there; it is in FACT written by a human. How about you forget what you were told and figure out what you feel.

Written by man with divine inspiration, that is the inspiration of God through CHRIST, my Lord.

What happened to all the books that weren't put into the Bible? The Bible has only become whole because they put together the stories that were conventionally told.  There were other things written with "divine inspiration" and other "Messiah"'s besides Jesus who cured people and such.  Where are the stories about them? 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Invert

I believe that there is something (God) there; I have faith in that but not like any major religion wants me. I don't believe in "helpers" of God or holy places or houses of God (Church, Synagogues etc...)

Also do not call me a "PUSSY" because you would not say that to my face, I would punch you in your mouth.

To quote Tommy Boy, if I wanted a kiss I would ask your mother. I'd say it to your face and you'd never even get the chance to touch me. Don't try to intimidate me with your roided out physique, I don't give a fuck.

All you've said throughout this Invert as that I'm a fool for being a Christian, that because I'm a Christian it MUST be that I blindly accept things that I'm told and that I never questioned it, that I'm brainwashed. That is simply the most arrogant and RETARDED thing that I've ever read.

There is no way to argue with a person that is dumber than Terry Schiavo. When someone tells you that you need a religious environment to worship God you automatically know that they are a complete imbecile.

I might never get my hands on you but I could hope (I have faith). I could imagine how much better it would make me feel to kick your ass. 1st I would get you down on the ground then get on top of you punching you in the head alternating hands. And when my fists start hurting I would grab your hear and then hit your head against the ground.
Then when you are flipping back in and out of consciousness I would ask you to pray to Jesus to save you and see what he does.

Hazard

Quote from: iago on April 26, 2005, 02:48 PM

What happened to all the books that weren't put into the Bible? The Bible has only become whole because they put together the stories that were conventionally told.  There were other things written with "divine inspiration" and other "Messiah"'s besides Jesus who cured people and such.  Where are the stories about them? 

To discuss the other books of the Bible, I've read the main ones. The symbolism is the same as the ones put into the Bible, they have the same message. Have you pesonally read them? If not, I don't want to have to read about you talk to them.

The Church does not recognize other Messiah's. In fact, to become a Saint in the Catholic Church you must have miracles credited to you. Just because somebody cured a sick man doesn't make them another Messiah, they were able to cure those people through the intercession of Christ. The stories about them can be read just about anywhere in Church libraries.

iago

Quote from: Hazard on April 26, 2005, 04:36 PM
Quote from: iago on April 26, 2005, 02:48 PM

To discuss the other books of the Bible, I've read the main ones. The symbolism is the same as the ones put into the Bible, they have the same message. Have you pesonally read them? If not, I don't want to have to read about you talk to them.

The Church does not recognize other Messiah's. In fact, to become a Saint in the Catholic Church you must have miracles credited to you. Just because somebody cured a sick man doesn't make them another Messiah, they were able to cure those people through the intercession of Christ. The stories about them can be read just about anywhere in Church libraries.

Of course I haven't read them.  But they certainly exist. 

There were others (whose names I can't remember.. one was like Applonious or something silly) who also raised the dead, cured the blind, and all the other miracles that Jesus is credited with.  I just wonder why Jesus was chosen to star in the Holy Bible and not him.  But, as I said, I'm ignorant about this stuff, just curious.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PM
There is no way to argue with a person that is dumber than Terry Schiavo.

Oooooh, good one! "You'd never say that to my face." Sound familiar?

When someone tells you that you need a religious environment to worship God you automatically know that they are a complete imbecile.

Oh yea, according to you, the Jewish guy that is a master in Church and Christian doctrine right? I stand by my statment. If you give me that "I'm independently religious" it just means that you are too lazy to make a commitment to something. Christianity is a family... it is its own community. Without other people Christianity is not Christianity. If you knew anything about the framework of Christian doctrine, you'd know that. Unfortunately, you consider yourself the master and that you could not possibly be wrong. I'm definetly wrong in your opinion, arrogant?

I might never get my hands on you but I could hope (I have faith).

You won't.

I could imagine how much better it would make me feel to kick your ass.

What, exactly, would it do for you? Would it make you feel superior? More powerful? Is it an ego-trip? Am I honestly the first person to stand up to you to tell you how stupid you are?

1st I would get you down on the ground then get on top of you punching you in the head alternating hands.

This is getting good, lets read on!

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PMAnd when my fists start hurting I would grab your hear

My whosiewhatsit?

Quote from: Invert on April 26, 2005, 03:32 PMand then hit your head against the ground.

Just like Stone Cold Steve Austin! I LOVE IT!

Then when you are flipping back in and out of consciousness I would ask you to pray to Jesus to save you and see what he does.

Ah, make me a martyr? Thats quite the Hollywood ending to your little assault. Would Jesus save me? I'm sure that in that moment, if I was to die, I'd be forgiven and your soul would be forever condemned to hell. I'd be made a martyr and I'd have a nice little chuckle as you would undoubtly recieve your eternal punishment for your pointless crime. Would his hand come down and crush you, probably not. Fortunately, in that case, I don't need Jesus to handle a punk (thats you).

That certainly was entertaining though!

|