• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

Started by Joe[x86], April 10, 2005, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: Spht on April 11, 2005, 05:11 AM
Don't worry.  A new method of ranking is coming to a forum near you!
+1!
Any idea when this ranking system might be in place? ;)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 11, 2005, 12:10 PM
Quote from: Spht on April 11, 2005, 05:11 AM
Don't worry. A new method of ranking is coming to a forum near you!
+1!
Any idea when this ranking system might be in place? ;)

and at which forum?

iago

It'll probably be completed whenever World of Warcraft becomes boring for those currently playing it.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

Karma distracted from content.

Meh

I think Karma gave a good point at to how you were on the forums. Low karma then obviousley you need to pick yourself up.

quasi-modo

Wouldn't karma cut down on lame posts too? For example people just posting ramdom stupid stuff or random outragious stuff just for attention.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Mitosis

Yes we could just give them  bad Karma so the admins know who to deal with.

Adron

Actually, there are more misbehaving people on the forums than behaving people a lot of the time. At least, if you add karma, the amount of karma changes made by misbehaving people will drown out the appropriate karma given. Karma will have no useful meaning.

hismajesty

Unless only a certain few (vL members/YaBB Gods (;)), perhaps) had access to altering karma.

Zakath

That actually would be an interesting way to do it. If only those recognized in some way as being respectable could manipulate Karma, it could actually work. However, as mentioned, an alternate system is already in the works.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Adron

Well, one way of solving that would be that only those with a high enough karma can modify karma. That way we'll get a ruling upper class, which can keep the others suppressed as needed.

Mitosis

All the ideas you guys have said sound great, really. Maybe you guys could make a list of them, and get the members of the forum to vote for like the top 5. Then once that is istablished the members of vL could chose which you guys think best? </suggestion>

Blaze

I think it would be a good idea to implement it again as long as one of these rules was used...
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

UserLoser.

The last three posts before the two before this sound good.  UserLoser is trying to straighten his act up here, and we all know I hate negative karma so acting bad won't do me any good :P

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mitosis on April 11, 2005, 06:08 PM
All the ideas you guys have said sound great, really. Maybe you guys could make a list of them, and get the members of the forum to vote for like the top 5. Then once that is istablished the members of vL could chose which you guys think best? </suggestion>
Silly Mitosis...

Quote from: Adron on April 05, 2005, 06:25 AM
The public never gets to vote on such issues.

Of course, that use of that quote might more readily belong in this thread ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.