• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

CD Drives Undetected

Started by Joe[x86], March 13, 2005, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

I just shut down my computer, removed a second modem, started it up, and my CD-ROM drives were undetected. Wtfhax?
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Meh

Check you  didnt knock the cables out slightley.

Zakath

Combinations of hardware can be finicky. My mainboard refuses to detect the presence of any PCI devices if my primary slave (a second hard drive) isn't set to auto-detect. A friend of mine had a faulty power supply - it seemed to work fine until he tried to replace his video card. Once he replaced the power supply, the new video card worked perfectly.

Basically all you can do is mess around and try to find a combination that works.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

shout

Put the modem back in, mabye that will help.

QwertyMonster

Quote from: Shout on March 13, 2005, 09:10 AM
Put the modem back in, mabye that will help.

How will putting a modem back in, help make his CD Drives work again? Maybe its just a wire come out or something. But im 100% sure that putting the modem back in, wont help.

Blaze

Did you just see what everyone else just posted? By going on what they say, Its a 90% change that it will help. Think man.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

QwertyMonster

Quote from: Blaze on March 13, 2005, 01:28 PM
Did you just see what everyone else just posted? By going on what they say, Its a 90% change that it will help. Think man.

Yeah 90%. 10% it wont.

Im the 10%. :P

Topaz

WriteTo and CD-R drives are usually plug and play. Do you have a warranty? The company might replace it or fix it free of charge.

Joe[x86]

I tried putting the modem back in and it didn't work. The drives themself seem to be working just fine. They can open and close and all.. except Windows won't detect them. :(. They worked just fine before I ever put the modem in, too.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I've had this happen to my computer before, it turned out that my cd drive was messed up, I got a new one and it was fine.

Adron

Check the IDE cables. Try connecting only one cd-drive at a time. Check the master/slave jumpers. Try connecting them to primary and secondary IDE channels. Find out whether you have a bad connection, a fried drive, or a fried IDE channel.

Joe[x86]

Meh, it was just Windows being gay. I just reformatted my computer's HD and stuff, and they worked.

Slackware: 1
Microsoft: 0

Blaze

Formated your computer due to CD Drives not showing up? I would have just repaired windows..
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Joe[x86]

My entire comptuer was being stupid, but the CD Drives pushed it over the top.