• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

EternalChat SpHt's look here

Started by themaker, March 12, 2005, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kp

So how long does it now take to run a CheckRevision, assuming the result isn't available from the cache?  IIRC, the C version with JIT support takes 10ms or less on fairly old processors.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

iago

Quote from: Kp on March 26, 2005, 11:09 PM
So how long does it now take to run a CheckRevision, assuming the result isn't available from the cache?  IIRC, the C version with JIT support takes 10ms or less on fairly old processors.

It depends which client and which computer.

Mine takes about 300ms for War3 if it's not cached (<1ms if it is, of course) running on my 1.5ghz laptop.  Although I can't do it properly due to network latency, but on the main server I use for RCRS, it takes about 300ms including network latency.

For the main JBLS server, we're getting about 60% cache hits which reduces the average time significantly. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Kp

War3 isn't a good test, because its authors were horribly inefficient and created badly bloated files.  Test on something like Starcraft or one of the Diablo series. :)

iago

Quote from: Kp on March 27, 2005, 01:54 PM
War3 isn't a good test, because its authors were horribly inefficient and created badly bloated files.  Test on something like Starcraft or one of the Diablo series. :)

Ok, I tested on Starcraft:
Trials: 14
Cache hits: 0
Average time: 41ms
Std dev: 8ms

So basically, it has a 99.7% change of being between 17ms and 65ms. 

This is on my 1.5ghz laptop.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Kp

OK, yours sucks. :)  IIRC, the versions Skywing and I use take under 10ms very consistently.  His is adapted to Windows, mine to Linux.  Both are compiled to native code, and runtime compile a function specifically for the formula supplied.  Thus, the only branches we need to take are the ones for the "if (!done) continue;" code.