• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Facts to know in life

Started by moh.vze.com, March 03, 2005, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: iago on March 04, 2005, 12:42 PM
I had a conversation about this once.  I don't think it's possible for a champagne cork to kill you, because it just doesn't have enough ice.  I saw an experiment once where they loaded a gun (from a pistol to a high powered rifle) with bullets made of ice.  They couldn't even puncture the ballistics gel (which is designed to simulate human flesh), simply because ice can't possibly have enough momentum.  It just doesn't weigh enough.  The only possible way I can see dying from a champagne cork is if it entered somebody's mouth.

Hmm, in my boredom i just came across this link... Are "verified" links really accurate there? Some others seemed to be.

warz

The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

I read somewhere (or saw on tv) that they asked various Armed Forces officers about it, and none of them confirmed that this was anything more than a myth.

This is actually true. I'm positive.

disco

Im not sure how ice effects a champaign quark but it is possible.
Say it with me:

iago

Quote from: warz on July 13, 2005, 01:39 PM
The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.

I read somewhere (or saw on tv) that they asked various Armed Forces officers about it, and none of them confirmed that this was anything more than a myth.

This is actually true. I'm positive.

How are you positive?  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that that's a myth :-/
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Joe[x86]

QuoteDid you know that the abbreviation for 1 pound, "lb.", comes from the astrological sign Libra, meaning balance.
I'm pretty sure it had noting to do with the astrological sign, but was a Roman word that meant "pound".
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.