• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil

Started by shadypalm88, February 26, 2005, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hdx

No it isnt. It acually.... wait yes it is. Sorta. Its the CSB for NLS.
But hay! I've spent monthas of time working on porting java code to VB (open source, Javaops and JBLS) But then I had to reformat so I lost everything.

I'll continue working on when I get back home. But UL it's not CSB again, it's BnetAuth again.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

iago

Yeah, it's nothing like CSB.  Everything I hate about CSB is avoided.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Warrior

Quote from: HdxBmx27 on March 09, 2005, 01:48 PM
No it isnt. It acually.... wait yes it is. Sorta. Its the CSB for NLS.
But hay! I've spent monthas of time working on porting java code to VB (open source, Javaops and JBLS) But then I had to reformat so I lost everything.

I'll continue working on when I get back home. But UL it's not CSB again, it's BnetAuth again.
~-~(HDX)~-~

The War3 Decode isn't too hard to port from Java to VB but the SRP code might give you some trouble. I think it would be better to do what shady did and turn it into a DLL.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Networks

As long as it requires the knowledge of what it takes to emulate a battle.net connection, it's nothing like CSB. CSB was: CSB.connect, didn't take much at all...

Blaze

But you had to configure all the options and parse the events! It was like Woah major heartbreaker!

::)
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

NetNX

im making a program very similar to csb atm using bncsutil and it goes alot more indepth and will probally also contain those favorite bnls functions as well :-/

Hdx

Quote from: Warrior on March 09, 2005, 02:45 PM
The War3 Decode isn't too hard to port from Java to VB but the SRP code might give you some trouble. I think it would be better to do what shady did and turn it into a DLL.
Ya the SRP screw me over. I'm currently trying to teach myself enuf C# to understand it compleetly. Then i'ma make a DLL for my bot.

See, I'm one of those people who can read a programminglanguage, and know what it does. But I can't WRITE in that language. >.<

Does anyone recommend a good place to interact with others eaither trying to learn, or teaching C#?

Or is there a way to create a Java DLL? Cuz I know a lot more Java then I do C#.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

shout

Ive got my own little C# DLL for hashing, although its not complete.  It is BnetHashing.dll. I am working on alpha-numeric and NLS right now.

Zakath

The SRP stuff really isn't that complicated. The big stumbling block is dealing with 256-bit numbers. Once you can do that, the rest is easy.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

iago

Quote from: Zakath on March 14, 2005, 09:45 AM
The SRP stuff really isn't that complicated. The big stumbling block is dealing with 256-bit numbers. Once you can do that, the rest is easy.

Agreed.

Of course, when you're starting with Java or C code, it's much easier than when you're starting with assembly :P

Hdx

What do you all suggest for dealing with those 265-bit numbers? Any suggestions or tips are welcome.
~-~(HDX)~-~

JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

iago

java.math.BigInteger

GNU Multi Precision Library

I can't remember how MyndFyre did it in C#, but it was built-in similar to Java's.

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on March 14, 2005, 02:47 PM
java.math.BigInteger

GNU Multi Precision Library

I can't remember how MyndFyre did it in C#, but it was built-in similar to Java's.

BigInteger was a class used from The Code Project.

Also, iago confirmed the last part of my SRP class worked.  This is located here.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Oh yeah.  I notified JBLS and BNetDocs of M[2], but forgot to mention it to shadypalm88.  It's pretty simple to do, too :)

shadypalm88

Quote from: iago on March 15, 2005, 01:52 AM
Oh yeah.  I notified JBLS and BNetDocs of M[2], but forgot to mention it to shadypalm88.  It's pretty simple to do, too :)
I saw that on the Stanford SRP site and have been meaning to add it in, so I did.

I've put out BNCSutil 1.0.0.  I decided it had been in use for long enough with few enough problems to get the bump from 0.x to 1.x.  1.0.0 is fully backwards-compatible with all older versions.

Most of the changes are in the NLS department.  Besides the M[2] check capability, two functions have been added that will allow you to re-use nls pointers (nls_t*).  The Windows build also includes an updated VB module, with the new functions' declarations and a fixed bncsutil_checkVersion function (thanks Archangel!).

Here's a list of changes from my Subversion log:
Quote from: svn.ionws.com------------------------------------------------------------------------
r19 | ericn | 2005-03-15 21:34:22 -0600 (Tue, 15 Mar 2005) | 9 lines

Version 1.0.0
- Added capability to check server password proof.
- Added functions to re-initialize an nls_t struct.
- Added calculated variable caching to nls.c.
- Added more null-pointer checks in nls.c.
- Removed two unused variables from cdkeydecoder.cpp.
- Removed a few unused source and header files.
- Updated mutil.h to check for the BNCSUTIL_EXPORTS macro.
- Updated libinfo.h with the new version.

Edit: Since I know the VB programmers won't read the sources to figure out how to check the server proof, here's the usage comment:
Quote from: nls.h/**
* Checks the "M[2]" value, which proves that the server knows your
* password.  Pass the M2 value in the var_M2 argument.  Returns 0
* if the check failed, nonzero if the proof matches.  Now that
* calculated value caching has been added, B and salt can be
* safely set to NULL.
(vbNullString in VB)
*/

|