• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil

Started by shadypalm88, February 26, 2005, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadypalm88

BNCSutil 1.0.1 is now available.  This release adds the capability to check NLS server signatures, a bugfix involving NLS client key generation, a VC 2003 project, and does a lot of tidying up.  Here's a full listing:

Quote from: svn.ionws.com------------------------------------------------------------------------
r23 | ericn | 2005-03-20 20:37:23 -0600 (Sun, 20 Mar 2005) | 29 lines

Version 1.0.1
- Added capability to check an NLS server signature (nls.c).
- Fixed a problem in nls.c where nls_init always used "1234" as the private ephermeral value instead of a random one.
- Added a Visual C++ 2003 project for BNCSutil.
- Moved mpz_t declarations in nls_account create to top of function for the benefit of MSVC. (nls.c)
- Officially deprecated nls_account_logon. (nls.c)
- Officially deprecated kd_isValid. (decodekey.cpp)
- Moved raw large integer const char declarations from nls.h to nls.c.
- A couple of signed/unsigned fixes in nls.c.
- Added guard macros to the following files:
    bncsutil.h
    cdkeydecoder.h
    checkrevision.h
    keytables.h
    libinfo.h
    oldauth.h
- Added extern "C" declarations to:
    bsha1.h
    libinfo.h
    oldauth.h
- Added usage information to decodekey.h.
- calcHashBuf now uses uint32_t instead of unsigned long in final calculations. (bsha1.cpp)
- decodekey.cpp now includes BNCSutil headers before OS-specific headers.

Archangel

I'm not an Addict.

Newby

Who cares if it's the new CSB? It was made to replace bnetauth.dll (which was essencially a CSB of hashing) which was horrible.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

iago

Quote from: Newby on March 21, 2005, 10:19 AM
Who cares if it's the new CSB? It was made to replace bnetauth.dll (which was essencially a CSB of hashing) which was horrible.

And also NLS.dll which, of course, was only used by assholes who don't care about the amount of time that was wasted by me and others, who just want their life to be easier. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Archangel

Well, why doing something that was already done? i mean i dont use NLS.dll, but, if someone made it already, whats the pruporse of making it again?
I'm not an Addict.

iago

NLS.dll has a long story behind it.  Basically, it's stolen and unsupported.  BNCSUtil, on the other hand, is maintained and totally supported :)

And also, it's tons cleaner (NLS.dll was just a test prototype) and faster (it doesn't use Storm.dll for the SBig functions, which are sloow)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|