• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

"Peaceful" Protestors, Not So Peaceful

Started by hismajesty, January 22, 2005, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 10:25 AM
Grant was a drunk and possiblly the worst president we have ever had. Roosevelet was nothing super special, just a blown out of pruportion psuedo-superman, Eisenhower was a wartime president and that was about it. Ford I know little to nothing about, I was born to late and his achievments were to small I guess.  Reagen is another of those blown out of pruportion guys, he accomplished shit in his time as president.  Bush(the current one anyway) Has had a presidency to rival Grant's in shittiness. He has done nothing that has helped the country, and he continues to try to legislate on morality which is something I have wrong on the highest level.

This post is uneducated filth.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

I don't think hismajesty/trust limited his comment to their actions only.  Also, Bush is STILL president so it wouldn't be were, it would have to be IS...he could still change in 4 yrs to match what you want him to do.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hazard

Grant was a drunk and possiblly the worst president we have ever had

There were far worse Presidents. You obviously know nothing about American presidents based on this comment alone.

Roosevelet was nothing super special, just a blown out of pruportion psuedo-superman

The man was a war hero. Not to mention the fact that he single handedly pioneered the entire idea of a national conservationist movement when he established the National Park system. He initiated the building of the Panama Canal (or do you plan to argue that this is not big deal?), he established the Department of Commerece and Labor. He built up the Navy and formed the concept of "Big Stick Diplomacy." Minor?

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 10:25 AMEisenhower was a wartime president and that was about it.

Again, an American war hero. He was deeply involved in the peace talks that ended the Korean war, he enforced the desegregation of public schools, pushed for the creation of the Internation Atomic Agency, he organized the Army and formed the space program which launched the first American satellites. He brought Alaska and Hawaii as states into the Union and is probably best known for starting to build the mass interstate system in the United States, now known as the Eisenhower Interstate System.

Ford I know little to nothing about, I was born to late and his achievments were to small I guess.

At least you admit your ignorance in the beginning, then assume that just because you don't know what he did it can't be important.

Reagen is another of those blown out of pruportion guys, he accomplished shit in his time as president.

It's spelled Reagan. Yea, bringing around the end of the Cold War without having to fire a shot isn't anything that special. Beating the Russians at their own game, no big deal. Turning a group of people who had lost their faith in being Americans back into a proud people, nothing to talk about. Turning the economy back around, thats not so hard. Your lack of education is glaring. You don't come one of America's favorite President's by not doing anything fantastic.

Bush(the current one anyway) Has had a presidency to rival Grant's in shittiness. He has done nothing that has helped the country, and he continues to try to legislate on morality which is something I have wrong on the highest level.

You sure are into the "legistlate morality" line. Did you read it on a t-shirt or something? Doesn't the Constitution and the rule of law in general frame the legislation of morality? If you don't think so, you should try reading more. Its obvious that you've fallen victim to things that you've heard other people say and are too lazy to realize the truth. What is he trying to legislate? Against the murder of unborn children? We can go on and on about abortion. Against gay marriage? Do you realize that the majority in this country is against homosexual marriages, and we are after all ruled by a majority aren't we? Do you further realize that every state that had an amendment on the ballot banning gay marriage had that amendment passed? Done nothing to help the country? Restoring the military, improving defense, and spreading liberty is something you think you could do better than him? You're a damn fool and thats all there is to it.

Read a book. An objective book. Books by Michael Moore and Dan Rather don't count.

Forged

QuoteThere were far worse Presidents. You obviously know nothing about American presidents based on this comment alone.
We have had a few shitty presidents, none were much worse than Grant...

QuoteThe man was a war hero.
The man stormed a hill with a militia in an attack that had made no diffrence in the outcome of the war.

Quotehe enforced the desegregation of public schools,
Didn't know that ^^ then again had I thought about it a little common sense probablly would have told me.
QuoteAt least you admit your ignorance in the beginning, then assume that just because you don't know what he did it can't be important
Well I have never heard of any of his accomplishments in History class.  He is one of those in between presidents that tends to be ignored in class.

QuoteYea, bringing around the end of the Cold War without having to fire a shot isn't anything that special.
How? I have heard this line so many fucking times, and it baffles me each and every time.  What exactlly did reagan do that ended the cold war? 
QuoteYou don't come one of America's favorite President's by not doing anything fantastic.
Right, you just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

QuoteYou sure are into the "legistlate morality" line. Did you read it on a t-shirt or something? Doesn't the Constitution and the rule of law in general frame the legislation of morality? If you don't think so, you should try reading more. Its obvious that you've fallen victim to things that you've heard other people say and are too lazy to realize the truth. What is he trying to legislate? Against the murder of unborn children? We can go on and on about abortion. Against gay marriage? Do you realize that the majority in this country is against homosexual marriages, and we are after all ruled by a majority aren't we? Do you further realize that every state that had an amendment on the ballot banning gay marriage had that amendment passed? Done nothing to help the country? Restoring the military, improving defense, and spreading liberty is something you think you could do better than him? You're a damn fool and thats all there is to it.
Our constituoin protects our individual rights. A law is a law to protect other not ones self.  "My right to swing my fist ends where the other mans nose begins" That I believe is the main idea behind the constituion.  Do what ever you want as long as it is hurting no one else. Not really morality, it is more of just not fucking with other people.
Abortion is a subject much like gay marriage that really isn't worth debating.  In the end I just don't give a fuck and my justification will seem stupid to you just as yours seems stupid to me. However I do not believe the majority should be able to supress the minority in such a decision as marriage.  We are more or less taking away their rights because some people think it is icky...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

CrAz3D

Abortion is TOTALLY different than gay marriage.  Gay marriage, I agree, doesn't infringe upon my rights & I GUESS however morally wrong it is should be allowed, God can judge those people later.

BUT abortion is hitting that "other man" DIRECTLY on the nose...& killing him  That little kid doesn't have a right to live?  I can understand if the child will be born with some sort of horrid disorder that is uncurable, I know I, personally, wouldn't want to have been born & become a burden for my parents...but just because the mother doesn't want the child?...that is crap.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Forged

The abortion issue really relies on when you consider a fetus to stop being a mass of cells and become a human.  I personally think abortions should only be legal in the first trimester, as it really is nothing in the first trimester, but others believe it is still a human with a soul.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 11:36 PM
The abortion issue really relies on when you consider a fetus to stop being a mass of cells and become a human.  I personally think abortions should only be legal in the first trimester, as it really is nothing in the first trimester, but others believe it is still a human with a soul.
How come if I break a sea turtle egg I can go to jail? But when I suck a baby up with a vacume and drop the remains into a waste pail I am perfectly fine provided I went to med school? I think that the thing is alive when the sperm hits the egg myself and I do not think it should occur. People argue that roe v. wade should stand because of the health of the motherboard but from what I have seen abortions for medical reasons were legal before roe v. wade.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 23, 2005, 09:17 PM
I don't think hismajesty/trust limited his comment to their actions only.  Also, Bush is STILL president so it wouldn't be were, it would have to be IS...he could still change in 4 yrs to match what you want him to do.
What do you mean that Bush is "still" President?  He wasn't President in the last term!  To hell with the constitution, more people voted for Gore!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

The popular vote doesn't always match the electoral college...
(ré-bun-dance)

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on January 23, 2005, 11:36 PM

Life upon the very beginings of formation, thats science.

Hazard

MyndFyre, the liberal horde needs to get back to reality. The electoral college worked EXACTLY as it was supposed to in the 2000 election, and it was the 4th time in history that it had done so. We have the system because so many people are just too stupid to be trusted with the overall vote.

hismajesty

Quote from: Hazard on January 24, 2005, 02:32 PM
MyndFyre, you and the liberal horde you side with need to get back to reality. The electoral college worked EXACTLY as it was supposed to in the 2000 election, and it was the 4th time in history that it had done so. We have the system because so many people are just too stupid to be trusted with the overall vote.

He was totally being sarcastic, he voted for Bush!

Hazard

QuoteWe have had a few shitty presidents, none were much worse than Grant...

Why was he so poor? Don't tell me just because he drank he was a bad President.

QuoteThe man stormed a hill with a militia in an attack that had made no diffrence in the outcome of the war.

Another clear demonstration of how you know nothing about US History and the importance of the Spanish-American War. If you'd like me to explain the importance of his charge, I'd be happy to just admit you know NOTHING about it.

QuoteDidn't know that ^^ then again had I thought about it a little common sense probablly would have told me.

If only you would think.

QuoteWell I have never heard of any of his accomplishments in History class.  He is one of those in between presidents that tends to be ignored in class.

He oversaw the final withdraw of American troops from Saigon. He also was awarded the Presidental Medal of Freedom by President Clinton, so obviously he was a man of accomplishments you are just too stupid or too lazy to recognize.

QuoteHow? I have heard this line so many fucking times, and it baffles me each and every time.  What exactlly did reagan do that ended the cold war?

Another grand example of ignorance. He worked hand in hand with Mikahel Gorbachev to bring a peaceful end to the arms race and the Cold War. Consider reading for a change, and check out this article on the matter. He stood up in the face of Communism, something that none of your "great Democratic Presidents" never dared to do, such as in a speech in 1983 when he said "Freedom and democracy, which will leave Marxism-Leninism on the ash heap of history." He masterminded the plan to bring the two superpowers of the world, each with well over 25,000 nuclear weapons, to step down from the brink of a 45 year Cold War. You're either misinformed or stupid if you believe that Reagan's accomplishments can be overstated.

You seem to have all kinds of cliche come backs to Republican President's history looks well upon. Why don't you give me a list of President's you find so amazing in what they did. I bet I don't see more than 1 Republican on it.

Hazard

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 24, 2005, 02:38 PM
Quote from: Hazard on January 24, 2005, 02:32 PM
MyndFyre, you and the liberal horde you side with need to get back to reality. The electoral college worked EXACTLY as it was supposed to in the 2000 election, and it was the 4th time in history that it had done so. We have the system because so many people are just too stupid to be trusted with the overall vote.

He was totally being sarcastic, he voted for Bush!

Very well, edited.

hismajesty

|