• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Dubya is Metal

Started by Hitmen, January 21, 2005, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitmen

j0k3r

Maybe he's declaring his allegiance with the devil.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

Maybe he's declaring his allegiance to University of Texas...UT LongHorns?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

A & C. Hitmen likes Metal, maybe now he'll like Bush if I say A too. :)

DeTaiLs

Just look at bush cant u tell he is a metal head?

quasi-modo

As to which genre of metal he prefers the most: I would have to bet Doom. He seems like a doom kinda guy.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

K

hismajesty

Hah!

Associated Press

Oslo — U.S. President George W. Bush's "Hook 'em, 'Horns" salute got lost in translation in Norway, where shocked people interpreted his family's hand gesture during his inauguration as a salute to Satan.

In Norway, throwing up the right hand with the index and pinky fingers raised is a gesture popular among heavy-metal groups and their fans.

"Shock greeting from Bush daughter," a headline in the Norwegian Internet newspaper Nettavisen said above a photograph of Mr. Bush's daughter, Jenna, smiling and showing the sign.

For Texans, the gesture is a sign of love for the University of Texas Longhorns, whose fans are known to shout out "Hook 'em, 'Horns!" at sporting events.

Mr. Bush, a former Texas governor, and his family made the sign to greet the Longhorn marching band as it passed during the inaugural parade through Washington during Thursday's festivities, Norway's largest newspaper, Verdens Gang, explained to its readers.

Hitmen

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 22, 2005, 11:22 PM
In Norway, throwing up the right hand with the index and pinky fingers raised is a gesture popular among heavy-metal groups and their fans.
Well, Norway and every other country in the world.

quasi-modo

ROFL... They thought he was satan before, now I bet they think they have a good reason to believe it!
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Those are clearly the University of Texas Hook'em Horns.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

"Hook 'em horns" was before the Metal/Satan horn thing, no?  I thought I saw on VH1 that the metal version came out in like the 60s...I'm QUITE sure that UT would've had it before then.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Yeah, but Norweigans probably aren't the biggest Longhorns fans.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 23, 2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but Norweigans probably aren't the biggest Longhorns fans.
Them crazy bastards.  No offense  ;)  Texas is ALL about football...I don't think metal is much of a Texas music.
(ré-bun-dance)

quasi-modo

Metal is great music wherever you go... it knows no boundries.
WAR EAGLE!