• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

IRC Bot / Script

Started by Krush[LM], January 13, 2005, 07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krush[LM]

Quote from: j0k3r on January 14, 2005, 10:57 PM
Ah, well you get the idea I'm sure.

I'm assuming you want me to parse that webpage and see if the picture is up or down for my server?

I still really don't know how to work through this VB code, if someone has a c/c++ version of a irc thing that would be great.  And I tried eggdrop and i couldn't figure out how to get it to compile.

hismajesty

http://pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=7316&lngWId=3

The IRC protocol is essentially text based, as long as you have knowledge of sockets in your chosen language, it shouldn't be hard at all to do it yourself. Here's a link to all the information on the protocol:

http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/

mynameistmp

Instead of writing an entire IRC front end you should consider writing a plugin for an existing interface. For example the XChat client. They distribute binaries for Windows or Linux so you're good on either platform. The client's C-Plugin interface is in C which you say you know, and it gives you full control over the client's GUI, any incoming text events, any outgoing text events, context, etc. The API is very transparent and discoverable. With it you can write flexible, functional plugins in about 25-40 lines of C code. Writing an entire irc client will take you a considerable amount of effort and time. Especially one as feature-rich and intensively bugtested as XChat. I think this would more than suffice.

http://www.xchat.org/docs/
"This idea is so odd, it is hard to know where to begin in challenging it." - Martin Barker, British scholar

UserLoser.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 14, 2005, 08:58 PM
There's a way to get around Blizzard not replying to ping on regular bnet servers, I don't recall how though. I know LoRd did it so maybe he'll see this thread and post. :)

All you do is make an attempt to connect to one of the servers and calculate the difference of the starting and ending time

j0k3r

Quote from: Krush[LM] on January 14, 2005, 11:05 PM
I'm assuming you want me to parse that webpage and see if the picture is up or down for my server?
I don't want you to, it's a suggestion.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Krush[LM]

Quote from: UserLoser on January 16, 2005, 11:17 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 14, 2005, 08:58 PM
There's a way to get around Blizzard not replying to ping on regular bnet servers, I don't recall how though. I know LoRd did it so maybe he'll see this thread and post. :)

All you do is make an attempt to connect to one of the servers and calculate the difference of the starting and ending time

could you show me a quick code example?

Kp

Quote from: Krush[LM] on January 17, 2005, 07:25 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on January 16, 2005, 11:17 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 14, 2005, 08:58 PMThere's a way to get around Blizzard not replying to ping on regular bnet servers, I don't recall how though. I know LoRd did it so maybe he'll see this thread and post. :)
could you show me a quick code example?

$now = time();
&connect_to_WoW();
$then = time();
print "Took " . ($then - $now) . " seconds.";
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Krush[LM]

So what do i need to connect to the server?

btw: the bot is up and running on irc.us.gamesurge.net in #kiljaeden #kil'jaeden for now and it just parses the webpage blizzard has, but i'd like to have another form of checking