• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Is this possible

Started by tRiCksTa, January 12, 2005, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

Quote from: tRiCksTa on January 16, 2005, 09:16 PM
Ah...did anyone learn VB an easy way  :) (Instead of reading books or leeching.)

no

Warrior

VB is easy silly! (In comparison to other languages ) :O
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Networks

Quote from: Warrior on January 17, 2005, 10:58 AM
VB is easy silly! (In comparison to other languages ) :O

Not for a nub who has no knowledge in programming and wants to some how magically learn it. -.-

Warrior

I learned VB in less than a year, i'd call that easy yet we all see different things as 'easy'
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

NetNX

I am downsyndrome  :-\

Learn C++ first its easyier to adapt to other languages that way cuz vb bearly breaks the ice in the programing world

Im trying to learn C++ after vb and its a pain in my ass...

MyndFyre

Quote from: NetNX on January 18, 2005, 09:55 AM
Learn C++ first its easyier to adapt to other languages that way cuz vb bearly breaks the ice in the programing world

That's not necessarily true.  If you actually learn how to program, not just amalgamate code, VB is a perfectly fine learning tool.  My very, very first programming experience was in BASIC, and while it was limited, it was still pretty cool.

If you learn VB in a manner that emphasizes algorithms and problem solving, which (I believe) is fundamental to any programming language, you'll be okay.

All languages have identifiers, keywords that indicate loops, some kind of object or variable, etc.  It might take a while to learn the grammar of a specific programming language, but you can know every technical detail of C++ and still not know how to program.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

tRiCksTa

Alright thanks guys. Just someone post here if they see a tutorials of how to make a chat bot. (Doesnt include Grok's or Cuphead's CSB)

UserLoser.

I learned C++ first.  Decided one day once I discovered Battle.net bots (ChewbaccaBot) that I wanted to write one.  I found out it'd be much easier in VB for someone who was new to it, so I taught my self VB like I did with C++ and started off learning about using the Winsock control and wrote a simple chat bot using telnet/chat/bot gateway (whatever it's called now-a-days) for B.net.  Here I am today disassembling/debugging/reversing applications/writing my own hacks (some to name: recent trojans [see fun forum], battle.snp, game.dll, SphtBotv3, chat filters on war3, chat logging for war3, floodbot filters, etc.).

tRiCksTa

And how did your "teach" yourself VB? I just want to know.  :-\ Those sites from the people above didnt really help. Sorry guys.

UserLoser.

Quote from: tRiCksTa on January 18, 2005, 07:20 PM
And how did your "teach" yourself VB? I just want to know.  :-\ Those sites from the people above didnt really help. Sorry guys.

You open it up, you think of what you want (no, not a battle.net bot like 95%+ of the other people), and teach your self by playing around and testing things, also use common sense on what some keywords or code means/does

hismajesty

Learn VB the hard way, I guess, or just mess around. Programming Theory helps a bunch, even if you don't know the language too well - you can still figure out a way to do something.

This applies for me a lot in my AP Computer Science class. It's a math class, but since I already know Java decently, and have a bunch of experience in problem solving with programming I can generally reason through a math problem even if I don't know how to do it maybe the most proper way. I have the highest grade in the class, too!

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: tRiCksTa on January 18, 2005, 07:20 PM
VB is designed to be user friendly, like all BASIC languages, and thus much of the syntax is simple English (If this = that Then doSomeFunction()).  It also helps that the VB IDE turns keywords blue.  Also note that MSDN and Right-click > Definition are your friends.

tRiCksTa

Thanks guys. Im startin to get a hang of it. (Even though I'm not making a bot). Thanks a bunch  ;D

NetNX

I'm a great progamer but i still have stuff i can learn and as for C++ and Me i should just try learning it on a PC... right now im trying to learn it on a mac and that just inst going too well...

tRiCksTa

I'm learning CSB yeah.. I know its noob. Is it possible to add winamp features and other features on CSB?     -tRiCKsTa aKa -^heXaBLeS^-

|