• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

xbox live computer client

Started by warz, December 24, 2004, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.a.B.B.i.T

It's possible, but not as extensively.  PS2 already supports *nix, but you need to mod it somewhat to actually use it (as far as I know FFXI is the only game that uses the *nix OS on PS2, but I haven't really studied up on this).  It may be, and if I could afford the mod-chips and a spare PS2 to attempt this on, I'd do it, but I can't, and I don't want to fuck up a solder and completely vegetize my PS2, so I won't try.

mynameistmp

warz, I'm really interested in this. Hit me on irc.
"This idea is so odd, it is hard to know where to begin in challenging it." - Martin Barker, British scholar

Atom

Well these are all great ideas but they have very great risk. No. its not just like battle.net, here you have accounts that you pay for with your credit card and have all your personal information attached too. If you mess around, you are going to be banned! Remember BNETD? Imagine having that kind of legal trouble with your credit card attached to your account! Now imagine going to court with microsoft's lawyer calling you a malicious h4x0r.

Xbconnect is not an xbox live server, it is a lan tunneler. "Warp Pipe" does the same thing for gamecube.
I am back! aINC is dead, ThinkTank PRO is alive.
VB, JAVA, ASM, C, its all yummy to me.

Eibro

Yes, and the xbox live protocol uses Kerberos, so good luck reversing that.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

dxoigmn

Quote from: S-1-1-0 on January 12, 2005, 05:19 PM

Kerberos is well documented.

MyndFyre

Quote from: dxoigmn on January 12, 2005, 05:42 PM
Quote from: S-1-1-0 on January 12, 2005, 05:19 PM

Kerberos is well documented.

Such as on this site.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Eibro

I take it neither of you know what Kerberos is.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

MyndFyre

Quote from: S-1-1-0 on January 12, 2005, 07:10 PM

I always thought it was an authentication protocol used extensively in newer Microsoft products.  Wikipedia appears to agree with me.  But since I'm wrong, apparently Kerberos is the "Hound of Hades" that was somehow implemented in the Xbox.  While I can see this is possible -- maybe even likely, given Microsoft -- I hardly see what the relevance would be.

So -- care to enlighten us, Eibro?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

dxoigmn

I have only looked over the protocol briefly since the college I go to uses it.  They are phasing it out in support of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates, yet it still remains a popular method of authentication for checking one's email.  It's likely the XBOX implementation is simply a subset or equal to that of the implementation in Windows 2000 or later.

Eibro

Quote from: MyndFyre on January 12, 2005, 08:53 PM

I always thought it was an authentication protocol used extensively in newer Microsoft products.  Wikipedia appears to agree with me.  But since I'm wrong, apparently Kerberos is the "Hound of Hades" that was somehow implemented in the Xbox.  While I can see this is possible -- maybe even likely, given Microsoft -- I hardly see what the relevance would be.

No, I don't. As you so readily pointed out, it's well documented.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

warz

Quote from: S-1-1-0 on January 12, 2005, 09:40 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on January 12, 2005, 08:53 PM

No, I don't. As you so readily pointed out, it's well documented.

Yes, but if he has no idea what it is, as you seem to think -- then that documentation might be incorrect? Spread some light on the dark areas for us here, please, S-1-1-0.

Atom

Halo 2 players already have an online buddy list at their disposal via bungie.net

I think I will make a client that takes that via an http request
I am back! aINC is dead, ThinkTank PRO is alive.
VB, JAVA, ASM, C, its all yummy to me.

warz

Quote from: Atom on January 15, 2005, 02:33 AM
Halo 2 players already have an online buddy list at their disposal via bungie.net

I think I will make a client that takes that via an http request

Although not what I'm looking for, that's a quick solution. I've already gathered a large amount of notes pertaining to my original emulation idea. If anyone would like to compare notes let me know.