• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Some problems with Winsock

Started by QwertyMonster, January 26, 2009, 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyMonster

Hey again. I've got another problem, sadly.

Okay, i'm making a simple bot for something called www.fanbox.com. My bot logs in fine with this code:

pdata = "m=login&e=" & txtuser.text & "&z=" & txtpass.text & "&r=false"
    p = p & "POST /socnet/SignInSignUp.ashx HTTP/1.1" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Host: www.fanbox.com" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Accept: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Accept-Language: en-us" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Accept-Encoding: " & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Keep-Alive: 300" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Connection: keep-alive" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Referer: http://www.fanbox.com/" & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Content-Length: " & Len(pdata) & vbCrLf
    p = p & "Cookie: " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
    p = p & pdata
    sckTest.SendData p

And the response I get is "success". So right now, I *should* logged in. I then send a GET in the Data_Arrival, only to find out the connection has been lost and nothing happens. So a way around that was to make another winsock connect in the data_arrival of the first winsock. I extracted all the "Set-Cookie: " into a listbox for easier and use, and used it like so.

I send this:

a = a & "GET /socnet/Desktop.aspx?src=logout&r=933808 HTTP/1.1" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Host: profile.fanbox.com" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Accept-Language: en-us" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Keep-Alive: 300" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Connection: close" & vbCrLf
    a = a & "Cookie: " & List1.List(0) & "; " & List1.List(1) & "; " & List1.List(2) & "; " & List1.List(3) & "; " & List1.List(4) & "; " & List1.List(5) & "; " & List1.List(6) & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

That is what is sent next when you have successfully logged into FanBox. (I packet logged it). I get a dump of HTML. For debug purposes I save it into a .html file and view it. It says i'm not logged in.

What the hell is happening here? I can't work it out. It says i am logging in fine, but then when I go to do an action (such as a GET, or POST to the site), it says I am not logged in!

Thanks.

bulletproof tiger

Why the hell are you using FanFox? It's also called FanBox, which is the name I know it by.

I interviewed for a job there last year and the company turned out to be a sort of scam operation. They hire and fire people like it's nothing. The turn around rate is like half a year there. From what I've read they hire people, have them spam forums and emails and stuff, then fire them. From what I remember, the site itself (FanBox) was a crappy waste of time, too.

What do you do on it? lol

QwertyMonster

My friend makes £500 a day from it. I'm making only £200 a day at the moment.

Anyway I have found out why it keeps getting logged out. My bot logs in fine, but then the host changes from "fanbox.com" to "profile.fanbox.com" so I have to re-connect, thus causing me to lose connection.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to not lose connection but change who i'm connected to? =\ Changing the "Host: blah" doesn't work.

FrostWraith

Try creating another socket?  Just run the connections on two different threads.

TheMinistered

Well the server considers you logged in, thats how html works IIRC.  You connect and make a request... in your case a login request, it replys then closes... Once it sends the reply (success) the page it disconnects, you have to connect again to send anymore requests...

When you login a website it basically sets a state for your ip/connection. It will then use this state to determine if you can view certain pages such as if you want to change your user profile on a website
you have to login then goto the page to change it, the server does this (this is psuedo code):

If userstate = loggedin then yes_he_can_view_changeuserprofile.html

[edit] I hope I'm making since to you cause I been up for 2 days and i'm quite tired... if you need help just aim me: vbaddict

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

TheMinistered