• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[VB6] Submitting text into a masked HTML field?

Started by Sixen, July 09, 2008, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Quote from: Sixen on August 05, 2008, 12:38 AM
Quote from: Andy on August 04, 2008, 07:22 PM
Oh... Why not just emulate HTTP connections entirely instead of using the web browser control? I find it a lot easier and more reliable.

Care to explain a little bit more?

Quote from: iago on August 04, 2008, 10:28 PM
Some forums (SMF, for example) don't send the password directly. They use some kind of Javascript sorcery to send it. I'm guessing it's hashed or encrypted or something first.

Yeah, that's correct, iago. I found that out shortly after originally making this thread. Anyway, it is in fact encrypted, which is why I said I need to figure out how to make a secure connection. It uses SSL.
SMF doesn't necessarily use SSL.  I use SMF on a couple servers on which I don't have server certificates.  It encrypts the password using JavaScript.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

iago

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on August 05, 2008, 02:30 AM
SMF doesn't necessarily use SSL.  I use SMF on a couple servers on which I don't have server certificates.  It encrypts the password using JavaScript.
Myndfyre's right, this has nothing to do with SSL and everything to do with Javascript.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Dale

Just use .NET and the webbrowsercontrol, you could do it in less than 10 lines of code.

Sixen

Quote from: iago on August 05, 2008, 07:21 AM
Myndfyre's right, this has nothing to do with SSL and everything to do with Javascript.

Hmph..

Quote from: Dale on August 05, 2008, 01:41 PM
Just use .NET and the webbrowsercontrol, you could do it in less than 10 lines of code.

Wouldn't I still be stuck at this part though? =P.
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Dale

W
Quote from: Sixen on August 06, 2008, 03:17 PM
Quote from: iago on August 05, 2008, 07:21 AM

Hmph..

Quote from: Dale on August 05, 2008, 01:41 PM

Wouldn't I still be stuck at this part though? =P.

Well no, Not that I'd think, you just get the element id and set it's innerText

*EDIT: I just read back to your original post, and I'm pretty sure this would solve your problem considering I made an auto-login bot for a website without a problem.