• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Someone interested on reversing xsha1?

Started by xpeh, July 14, 2011, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

That's not reversing...you aren't recovering the original data.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MyndFyre

That the algorithm is very weak has been known for some time.

Quote from: SkywingThe Blizzard programmer responsible for implementing this apparently switched the two parameters in every call to ROL. That is, if there was a ``#define ROL(a, b) (...)'' macro, the programmer swapped the two arguments. This drastically reduces the security of Battle.net password hashes, as most of the data being hashed ends up being zero bits. Because of the problem of incompatibility with previously created accounts, this system is still in use today.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

inquisitive_mind

Quote from: rabbit on October 25, 2011, 11:12 PM

Really?  How is it not recovering the original data?  It doesnt require a rainbow table and it doesnt require any type of brute force.  Feed it any hash u want and it'll probably spit out the "original data" as you call it faster than my hand could slap your forehead if I were standing right next to you.  That's pretty damn close to "reversing" it if you ask me.  The method of how it's reversed is completely irrelevant.  The whole point of the matter is that it WORKS, which is completely the opposite of what you've tried to say to the OP, in that it's "not possible".  And here we have someone proving you wrong and you're just trying to look the other way to make it look like what he's done is some sort of irrelevant lie.  Get a grip, you were proven wrong.  Own up to it for once in your life.

rabbit

Quote from: inquisitive_mind on November 07, 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote from: rabbit on October 25, 2011, 11:12 PM

Really?  How is it not recovering the original data?  It doesnt require a rainbow table and it doesnt require any type of brute force.  Feed it any hash u want and it'll probably spit out the "original data" as you call it faster than my hand could slap your forehead if I were standing right next to you.  That's pretty damn close to "reversing" it if you ask me.  The method of how it's reversed is completely irrelevant.  The whole point of the matter is that it WORKS, which is completely the opposite of what you've tried to say to the OP, in that it's "not possible".  And here we have someone proving you wrong and you're just trying to look the other way to make it look like what he's done is some sort of irrelevant lie.  Get a grip, you were proven wrong.  Own up to it for once in your life.
who the fuck are you?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.