• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Cinco de Mayo

Started by CrAz3D, May 05, 2006, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trance

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 05, 2006, 12:47 PM
What's your take on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo

From what I read, it seems to be about Mexico saying "I'm not gonna pay" & winning a war against the French (which isn't unusual).
So, are they just supporting a day of victory of being dead beats?
Okay, we get it. You're super-republican. Can't you let a man drink in peace?

Warrior

Same dif, it's the same thing. Maybe when one of our holidays rolls by we will have a discussion on it. Ooh, how about Independance Day..the day we won our independance from our mother nature. (Hint: We didn't pay either)
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Warrior on May 06, 2006, 06:26 PM
Same dif, it's the same thing. Maybe when one of our holidays rolls by we will have a discussion on it. Ooh, how about Independance Day..the day we won our independance from our mother nature. (Hint: We didn't pay either)
wtf dude, you're way off point.

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Forged

QuoteSame dif, it's the same thing.
Not really, the french never ruled mexico.  It was a fight purely based on the fact the french wanted to own mexico.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Warrior

Quote from: Forged on May 07, 2006, 01:21 AM
Not really, the french never ruled mexico. It was a fight purely based on the fact the french wanted to own mexico.

Then how does it not relate..

@Crazed: You do this every holiday/event for any country in any part of the world. Who cares.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 05, 2006, 11:58 PM
I don't think the American Revolution went...
America: "I dont want to pay for tea"
England: "Pay for the tea or die"
America: "Bring it"

I think it was more...
America: "I dont want to pay taxes on tea unless we're represented equally, also stop persecuting us"
England: "Bug off, we own you"
America: "Give me liberty or give me death"

...what I gather from this french-mexico war....
Mexico: "Hey francais, we need money for our wars w/USA & Spain, hook us up"
France: "K"
France, England, Spain: "Pay us back"
Mexico: "Lets make a deal"
England, SPain: "k amgios"
France: "Thats k, we'll just take our money back"
Mexico: "Crazy gringos....everyone knows France sucks at war, all your base are belong to us"
.............and Cinco de Mayo was born as a celebration over some battle.

And the War of 1812 was . . . ?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Warrior on May 07, 2006, 08:00 AM
Quote from: Forged on May 07, 2006, 01:21 AM
Not really, the french never ruled mexico. It was a fight purely based on the fact the french wanted to own mexico.

Then how does it not relate..

@Crazed: You do this every holiday/event for any country in any part of the world. Who cares.
Says who?

War of 1812:
USA: "Yo Brits, whats up with not honoring thine treaty + messing our ships?"
USA: "We're gonna punk you homes"
Brits: "K dudes, lets rumble"
*boom* *boom*
USA/Brits: "cats game, lets go home"
Brits: "we're off back to the Napoleonic wars, pip pip cheerio"
</war of 1812>

(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Rule

Nice spin.

I think it went something more like:

USA (*British accent*): Hey, we're irrationally big headed and aggressive, and we haven't done anything for a few years to show it.  Let's attack Canada, that shouldn't be a challenge.

*USA meets with a horribly humiliating defeat*

USA (*British accent*): Ok, let's pretend this never happened.

Don't you realize how arbitrary it is where you're born?  Why don't you stop acting like such a xenophobe and try to consider the reality that it is a mere fluke that you're American.  If you were Mexican and you heard Americans saying, "no, I like berries + dont want to pick them for extortionist wages, so I do like it when mexicans are here legally" you would want to punch them square in the mouth.  Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human? I think it would do you a great deal of good to trade places with someone in a third world country for awhile.

By the way, I happen to agree that the measures in place to deter illegal immigration have been largely ineffective and that an effort should go towards making it more difficult to enter the US illegally.  On the other hand, I think there should be a much more open immigration policy, and I'd be surprised if you could give me a good reason for why there shouldn't be.  When I say "good reason" I preclude something motivated by your chauvinistic patriotism, xenophobia or ignorant belief that you are inherently entitled to a better life than other humans because of where you happened to be born.

Regardless of the circumstances, you would never say "are they just supporting a day of victory of being deadbeats" in reference to Americans.  Maybe you should think about that.

Invert

Rule, it's a mere fluke that you were born.

I know lets hire a Canadian to make laws for the United States.

Can we send all our illegals to Canada including the 20% of our prison population which are illegal?

*sings* Ohhh Canada!!!!!!!!!!! They know how to solve all the problems the U.S. has but can't solve their own.

MyndFyre

Don't you realize how arbitrary it is where you're born?  Why don't you stop acting like such a xenophobe and try to consider the reality that it is a mere fluke that you're American.  If you were Mexican and you heard Americans saying, "no, I like berries + dont want to pick them for extortionist wages, so I do like it when mexicans are here legally" you would want to punch them square in the mouth.  Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human? I think it would do you a great deal of good to trade places with someone in a third world country for awhile.
Goddamn man, it has nothing to do with xenophobia.  Obviously you have never read anything at all that I've ever posted about illegal immigration.

Illegal immigrants get around paying taxes.  A guy who used to work at the same place as my dad said that when he filed is income taxes he claimed 17 dependendents.  How can the government check this if he's not documented?

Besides doing things that people evidently don't want to do, they drain our resources while putting nothing back in.  That's the primary issue.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Just so we all understand....
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=xenophobic

Since when am I afraid of strangers?...I'm shy, but I don't hate people because I don't know them.
In the past year I've made probably somewhere near 20 friends + met another couple hundred people.  In this mass of people there must be 10? religions, 20? states, 4-5 countries, and like 3 continents...I like them all just fine, they're cool people.  Especially the few indian dudes I've met, they're all way laid back & have a cool accent...no fear or contempt there.

I'm just about what is right & wrong, not anti-immigration or foreginers.  People keep throwing xenophobic at me just as I've had homophobic tossed around, neither are true of me.  I tolerate and accept, unless they're doing something illegal.

This "undocumented" immigrant label is bull shit, they're fucking illegal & criminals, all of them.  Its not because I'm afraid of them taking over, its because they are illegal is why I call them illegal and what to PROSECUTE, not PERSECUTE
(ré-bun-dance)

dxoigmn

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 07, 2006, 02:40 PM
Goddamn man, it has nothing to do with xenophobia.  Obviously you have never read anything at all that I've ever posted about illegal immigration.

Illegal immigrants get around paying taxes.  A guy who used to work at the same place as my dad said that when he filed is income taxes he claimed 17 dependendents.  How can the government check this if he's not documented?

Besides doing things that people evidently don't want to do, they drain our resources while putting nothing back in.  That's the primary issue.

When you provide no proof for such statements it is hard to take anything you say seriously.

Rule

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew the one and only reason people are opposed to immigration.  Also, I wasn't directing my comments at you (or Invert), I was responding to Crazed. 

To Myndfyre and Invert:  I clearly said that I'm opposed to illegal immigration and that
I think an increased effort should go towards preventing people from moving into your country illegally.  Obviously you didn't even fully read my post that you are responding to.

However, I believe that there should be a far more open policy on immigration.  I don't think that because someone is born on American soil that he is inherently entitled to a better life than other humans, a view which underscores a majority of Crazeds' posts, and a position I was clearly responding to.

CrAz3D

Quote from: dxoigmn on May 07, 2006, 03:21 PM

When you provide no proof for such statements it is hard to take anything you say seriously.
I believe the proof is that there are 12+million people here!
You give them the benefit of the doubt that they "feel bad" so they pay taxes?  Americans don't even pay all of their taxes. 

Some of there sites are bias, obviously, but you can still see that the numbers are huge in terms of dollars.

QuoteThe total K-12 school expenditure for illegal immigrants costs the states nearly $12 billion annually, and when the children born here to illegal aliens are added, the costs more than double to $28.6 billion.
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=research_researchf6ad
QuoteIn the state of Oregon, illegal immigrants account for a staggering $165 million in unpaid medical bills.
http://www.katu.com/team2/story.asp?ID=85466
QuoteThe issue resonates in Los Angeles County, where officials estimated in 2003 that caring for illegal immigrants who seek emergency and follow-up care costs the county $340 million annually. That has caused consternation among public officials and opponents of illegal immigration.
----This is is $340MILLION in ONE county!
http://southernborder.berkeley.edu/list_articles/REQ_Oct14_ImmigrantsNoBurdentoERs.html

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 03:22 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew the one and only reason people are opposed to immigration.  Also, I wasn't directing my comments at you (or Invert), I was responding to Crazed.
Why not respond to me now, because I'm right?  Because you're a bleeding heart liberal that believes everyone should be FORCED (like communism) to support leeches? 
I personally believe in personal responsibility, I don't believe in giving people a helping hand when they've just trampled all over me.
(ré-bun-dance)

Rule

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 07, 2006, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 03:22 PM
Why not respond to me now, because I'm right?  Because you're a bleeding heart liberal that believes everyone should be FORCED (like communism) to support leeches? 
I personally believe in personal responsibility, I don't believe in giving people a helping hand when they've just trampled all over me.

Because you're right about what?  That Americans are entitled to a better life than everyone else?  That it is more appropriate for legal immigrants to pick berries than you? Do you realize how stupid you sound?  Please quote where I said that Mexicans are all leeches?  That sounds like your opinion, not mine.    I don't think Orwell himself could have written a more dangerously conditioned and reactive character than yourself.  Bleeding heart liberal?  Please.

One of the reasons there are so many illegal immigrants in your country is because it can be near impossible to migrate legally.   I think opening up immigration policies would be one step towards reducing the number of so-called criminals who are illegally moving into the US.

|