• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

[C++] Dynamic SCBW Verbyte Retrieval

Started by devcode, October 16, 2007, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

If you want to hope that they'll not change the way they increment the verbyte, go ahead. I'll hope they don't change how they build AUTH_INFO. Not much difference, I suppose.

brew

Quote from: Andy on November 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
Except that the versioning system in SC just changed from letters to numbers, and revision number increases had no effect on the verbyte. The patterns above are more than patterns, they're searching for the code that compiles 0x50, which isn't likely to change.
¿que?
Do you mean the revision (1.15b, 1.15c, etc)? The verbyte changes with the minor version.

I'll just post the patterns

How are they patterns? That's a set way of doing things.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/6.828/2006/readings/i386/MOV.htm
C7       MOV r/m32,imm32   2/2           Move immediate dword to r/m dword
Although i wouldn't be suprised if they start using polymorphic code to form that mov that move's the verbyte value (as in iago's signature) to make drama..
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Barabajagal

1.15b doesn't exist. They switched to numbers. And they're byte patterns. It doesn't matter what they actually are, they're still a pattern of bytes.

brew

Quote from: Andy on November 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
1.15b doesn't exist.

I was using it as an example.

Quote from: Andy on November 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
They switched to numbers.

???
as opposed to: vegetables?
<3 Zorm

Barabajagal

As opposed to letters. It's 1.15.1 now, not 1.15b

brew

Quote from: Andy on November 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
As opposed to letters. It's 1.15.1 now, not 1.15b
Oh, i see now. I think that's pretty lame.
<3 Zorm

Leaky

follows proper versioning now tho....

major version . minor version . revision

Smarter

public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        [DllImport("kernel32.dll")]
        public static extern void RtlMoveMemory(object lpvDest, object lpvSource, long cbCopy);
          //VOID
          //RtlMoveMemory(
          //  IN VOID UNALIGNED  *Destination,
          //  IN CONST VOID UNALIGNED  *Source,
          //  IN SIZE_T  Length
          //  );
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            string Data;
            long RVal = 0;
            StreamReader sr = new StreamReader("C:\\Program Files\\Starcraft\\Starcraft.exe");
            for (int I = 1; I < Data.Length - 16; I++)
            {
                Regex r = new Regex(Convert.ToChar(0xC7) + Convert.ToChar(0x46) + Convert.ToChar(0x10) + "[a-zA-Z]" + Convert.ToChar(0xC7) +
                Convert.ToChar(0x46) + Convert.ToChar(0x18) + "[a-zA-Z]" + Convert.ToChar(0xC7) + Convert.ToChar(0x46));
                if (r.IsMatch(Data.Substring(Convert.ToInt32(I), 16)))
                {
                    RtlMoveMemory(RVal, Data.Substring(Convert.ToInt32(I) + 3, 4), 4);
                }
            }
            MessageBox.Show("Verbyte: " + RVal);

}
    }

I attempted to port Andy's code to C#, but it doesn't seem to find the string, although i'm reading it as text, so I belive that'd be why, meh it's a start if anyone wants to finish it? lol
Since '99

BrutalNet.Net

Barabajagal

"[a-zA-Z]": don't use that. it can be any bytes, not just letters.

Hell-Lord

Smarter, have a look at the System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal class instead of using the rtlMoveMemory API in C# :)

MyndFyre

void* does not map to object in C#. Consider System.BitConverter or System.IO.BinaryReader.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Camel

I'm confused: why do people still think this is a good idea? Searching for the verbyte is only slightly less fallible than hardcoding the values.

If you want to offer forwards compatibility, add an option to support BNLS for verbyte/checkrevision.

Smarter

public string getVersionByte()
        {
            byte[] data = File.ReadAllBytes(@"C:\Program Files\Starcraft\StarCraft.exe");
            StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
            foreach (byte b in data)
            {
                sb.Append(Convert.ToChar(b));
            }
            Regex r = new Regex(Convert.ToChar(0xC7) + Convert.ToChar(0x46) + Convert.ToChar(0x10) + "...." + Convert.ToChar(0xC7) +
                Convert.ToChar(0x46) + Convert.ToChar(0x18) + "...." + Convert.ToChar(0xC7) + Convert.ToChar(0x46), RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
            string s = sb.ToString();
            long rval;
            for (int i = 0; i < s.Length; i++)
            {
                if (r.IsMatch(s.Substring(Convert.ToInt32(i) + 3, 16)))
                {
                    rval = Convert.ToInt64(s.Substring(Convert.ToInt32(i) + 3, 4));
                }
            }
            return rval.ToString();
        }

Hmmm, still not working any ideas?
Since '99

BrutalNet.Net

|